1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you play with default or custom controls?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Have you ever considered changing your controls while playing on your laptop?

2. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not really, never felt the need for it yet.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Okay, but let's assume that you are in a situation where feel that you need to change your controls. How would you change them? Would you change how your character moves, change your skill buttons or something else?

4. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Character movement is fine since I'm particularly used to WASD controls, but I think I'd shift my pots and morphs to the right half of my keyboard for easier access and have numeric menu controls instead.

5. ZaRaV

ZaRaV MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    it's easy to use so i'm okay with it..,.,.,

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's the way they are supposed to be. It would be pretty inconvenient to have controls which wouldn't really work that well as default controls. Even if they are easy to use, there are opportunities to make them work differently by customizing them.

7. I think it's hard to control the right half of the keyboard, when you need to use a mouse for dexterity (like moving your character around). And sometimes it's hard to fill up as much of the left side of the keyboard as you want because there are a lot of hotkeys. I think if you own a gamer keyboard with macro keys on the left side of the keyboard (usually indicated by the letter 'G'), then the experience would be more smooth, especially for players who struggle with prioritizing certain hot keys.

Xctroy likes this.
  8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, it's better to set those settings in a way that nothing gets in the way of using those controls properly like awkwardly binded keys.

9. The "loot all" feature is annoying, because when I just want to SEE what loot there are, pressing the left CTRL key (the keybind option I have set up for seeing what loot there are), immediately picks up everything. However, switching to the SHIFT key doesn't have that same effect, because you press shift once to show what loot there are and press shift again to pick up everything; however, I don't like using the shift key.

Is it really that hard to have the player just mouse-click the "loot all" button? I'm fine with the option to "loot all", but don't make the keybind the same as the keybind to open loot.

10. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Mostly play mobile but when I do play on my laptop my custom keys are just for the extra four slots I use for pots an a tf an also a tasty bun or some sort of consumable since I have about 1200 tasty buns an a lot of dark cake. Sadly I wish they would add a button for tf so we can have a extra slot for something else maybe xp boost or another consumable.