1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How much gold do you have right now?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by JeloAQ, May 30, 2017.

1. I think what makes durability different from other features is that it's mandatory among everyone. Having the freedom of choice makes a game more versatile, especially an MMORPG, and AQ3D hasn't been too open to that concept, so that'd be the first thing to consider. Like a casual player isn't going to be required to farm Midas' Curse or farm for things in any optional release... they can just stick to the story, or make a choice on what they want to do. Even if a durability system could work out, I'd like to see the freedom of choice be prioritized so then the game doesn't weigh itself down by less exciting things. Many players were already turned away when AE introduced class ranks, because they already had to grind for tokens to earn the classes in the first place which they though was enough, and some new players couldn't really adapt to the change. The original point I made about making gold sinks catered to hardcore players is that the hardcore players often accumulate too much gold that they don't have much use out of, and incentivizing them by letting them spend gold to save time of things opens up that freedom of choice.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    How is a mandatory feature or two going to hurt the freedom of choice exactly? You have already said there would be workarounds for this feature which are choices you can make which are there to exercise your freedom of choice. AE has a history of making player friendly gameplay features and this wouldn't be any different and I really wish that I didn't have to keep repeating this. Item durability would just become something you know exists, but you don't need to put much thought to it just as anything else gameplay related. I agree that AE could have handled the initial introduction of class ranks differently, but it did turn into those very things we don't have to think too much about. AE certainly should give us more use for our gold and it's something they need to if they decide to go big with trading for example, but that's something we have to wait for now and it doesn't hurt to prepare for such a feature by taking control of that flow of gold by at least a bit.

3. I think durability turns the game more into a management game than an MMORPG about adventuring and questing. I don't want to think about having to replenish my item's durability in the middle of a storyline quest, or some important battle that a friend invites me to, even if I have the gold to replenish the item's durability. I just want to focus on playing and progressing instead of being interrupted by some small management task.

The games that do have durability generally make management the focus of the game in some way... for instance, MineCraft, you're always juggling items around and crafting circularly. And then other games with durability tend to build on higher complexity meant to capture more of the realism, like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Those games do fine, because their purpose fits accordingly.

AQ3D just doesn't seem like the type of game where management would blend well with what the game's intent was meant to be, which is adventuring and questing. I don't want the game to focus heavily more on managing and crafting, especially when the game is called AdventureQuest.

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You get to manage things in MMORPGs like HP and Mana/Resource, gold and etc while playing and item durability would just another thing to keep in mind. Is it really that much to do really?

AE could make item durability the part of gameplay and blend it in so it works well and doesn't empty your pockets harshly. Fiction/fantasy themed game that AQ3D is wouldn't mind having more realism to it. Our weapons and armor need some fixing after many battles.

Adventuring and questing part of AQ3D is missing that part where your tools won't last forever in the mint condition and item durability would be a good fix for that. We got crafting so how is item durability so foreign thing to include?

5. Managing HP and Mana isn't really a problem though. You have auto-regeneration between battles, and potions you can use during battles. The problem that I'm pointing at is getting interrupted during important gameplay and being overwhelmed with managing too many things at once. Why should I lose my item's durability in the middle of a quest, for instance? And the problem would be exacerbated by the fact that I need to keep track of durability of over 7 items (armors, helms, weapons, boots, gloves, capes, belts, etc.), not just 1 item, and also constantly check up on my items' durability every moment to make sure that I'm always prepared in a battle. That's just something that wouldn't really flow well with the game.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It isn't a problem to manage HP and Mana and item durability wouldn't be that difficult to manage either. I doubt that AE is going to make item durability something that you have to look after everyone time you defeat a monster. You are making this look like you have to check your watch or phone every second to know what time it is which is just obsessive.

7. When you have 7 items to manage (weapons, helms, armors, belts, etc.), of course it's a lot to manage. That's part of the issue with having durability in the game, just having to keep up with everything. You'll have items that'll be close to losing durability, then you replenish that. Then some time later as you continue playing the game, your other items are about to lose durability, and now you have to replenish that. It's too much of a hassle.

And AQ3D just isn't a survival game like Minecraft or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Do you really think AE would make it such a hassle to manage something like item durability? I seriously doubt that and have you considered that possibility? Implementing such a feature isn't tied to just a genre and AQ3D would take that big of a hit because of it assuming that AE doesn't make as inconvenient as you make it out to be.

9. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    29 mil now. started farming gold yesterday :-D hope i get my 30 million gold this week

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You definitely didn't just start farming gold yesterday and get 29 million gold in one day because that's just not possible to do (at least not right now and I hope it never will be possible). Joking aside, you probably have been doing your dailies each day to reach such numbers.

11. neoshed

neoshed Ogre Newling

Credit:
  12. a

Credit:
    ahaha i couldnt xplain much coz my english is not good. yes i was a hard core gold farmer in 2017. but i stopped farming gold and started again couple of days back but i was also doing dailies like u said. im at 29.5 now but getting lazy lol

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Ashfall had good gold farms back then I certainly did farm gold back then. Pretty much all farming spots in there have been nerfed now, but there are still solid gold farms there.

14. a

Credit:
    yah we use to hang out at magma mines, kill steelfang and sell the drops.
    i got my 30 m gold today :p

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What method did you use if you don't mind me asking?

16. ZaRaV

ZaRaV MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    i have 89m right now

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    89m? Something tells me that you have used gold making methods which were nerfed a long time ago.