1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How did Archaeology skill turn out?

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Heromanguy12, May 26, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Archaeology is Runescape's new skill that was added not that long ago. Does it fit in with all other skills and how does it feel to get experience for that skill? Share your thoughts in this thread.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I'm level 30 I think so not far into it but I kinda like it. It's pretty relaxing so far and I like the digging noises. The dig sites have looked nice so far too. One thing I don't like is I don't see a place to store broken artifacts, sooo they are taking up bank space now.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's more about you finding those artifacts and getting rid of them as fast as you can by either donating them to the Varrock museum or giving them to collectors.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah but you need materials to repair them first an while gathering the materials you get more artifacts.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You still end up getting rid of them afterwards and that's Archaeology skill for you. Find artifacts, restore them for exp and throw them at collectors and Varrock museum's donation cart for chronotes.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sure, an my opinion is I don’t like that they take up bank space. Maybe it gets better, I don't know but just right now it's an issue for me.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It feels like how you can train Invention. You can augment for example weapons to high levels and then dismantle them for exp, but you can't get as high amount of exp per item compared to Invention. In the case of Archaeology, you get a lot of artifacts but don't always have enough materials to restore them to get exp out of them. You don't have to restore every artifact, but it's hard to ignore those exp gains you get from doing so.