1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Q&A

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, May 5, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Yep, they are still being given away, but it just doesn't happen during every AQ3D stream.

Xctroy likes this.
  2. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Great, I'll try and tune in more frequently, thank you again!

3. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Heard from a friend of mine in game that you got a super rare bow or something in spectral southwing dungeon. Is that the right place to farm for it? What drops it?

Nihilist likes this.
  4. Xctroy

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yes it is, it's the "Spirit of Mystcroft bow" that drops from the boss there, same as the rotting pumpkin.

videovillain likes this.
  5. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    What is his rotting pumpkin you speak of?

Xctroy likes this.
  6. Xctroy

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Another rare item (helm) dropped by the boss there with similar drop rates, I had been farming for that when the bow dropped for me.

videovillain likes this.
  7. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    How long is the mystcroft area going to be open? Any one know?

8. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It'll be available till Frostval on December

Ophidius likes this.
  9. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Does anyone know what the drop rate is on rare items? The ones in particular I am wondering about are Midas' Curse (the wiki gives the % for the drooster drop, but not labyrinth chests) and A Frogzard Ate My Head.

10. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    To my knowledge, the drop rate vary from one item to the next. I have opened around 500 chests and havent seen it yet. I have heard of people getting 3 and 4 stacks of fancy potions and still not getting it. I've also heard people got it in the first hour of farming.

It's quite a low drop rate but it also depends on luck. Good luck!

11. Probably 1/5000, but those items aren't really worth farming for unless you're willing to possibly spend hours of your time staring at your screen and experience more distress. When I farmed for Midas' Curse back, I think in 2018, it took the whole month of May (and I farmed for over 10 hours each day), and there were definitely better things I could have done. It just isn't worth it, but it's really your choice. I just don't think the reward for all of that stress is of much value, especially for something purely luck-based. And I don't even equip the Midas' Curse I've earned anyway, because there are better items out there that don't require you to waste time.

The items tend to be more for avid players that mainly play AQ3D all day anyway. But probably what I would recommend is killing 5 chests each day, and hoping that luck plays out eventually. Could take a couple of years, but it's a lot better than cramming precious time all in one month.

12. Corom

Credit:
    I already got Midas' Curse. In my mind, I just resolved myself to farming for fancy health pots and then figured I would eventually get it. 3 stacks later, there it was. I was just wondering about the actual drop rate because it is something that comes up a lot whenever I am in DFL.
    I'm still farming for the Frogzard helm. I think it was Lunaceria on the Discord server who said that she farmed that like a daily. And then one day she got it. On that one, I do about 10 rounds a day. Maybe someday I might get it. Maybe tomorrow......

13. choppagames

choppagames Guest

Credit:
    Unfortunately for whatever reason AE seemingly has a policy of not publicly releasing drop tables, the only way that drop rates are learned is if a dev posts something online saying the number OR by players putting in the work and taking their best guess at drop rates through small sample sizes. With that being said I'm fairly positive that the Midas' curse is the rarest drop in game I have heard that the drop rate is around .05%!
    Farming rares like they are dailys is a great way to do it so you do not get burnt out! That is a method I use sometimes because if you just go really hard for one certain item you will surely get too burnt out farming for it and then give up. At least that is my experience. :tongue3:

Corom likes this.
  14. Corom

Credit:
    RNG can be a strange thing. I've heard of people farming for no time at all and getting some rare item and then turning around and struggling to get something that is seemingly common. I always mention Dreadfool things, but in this case someone who had already gotten Midas' was farming for Dreadfool Cards. Those cards are pretty common, I would think. I have gotten them three times already. I was trying pretty hard to convince them that if they had already gotten Midas' then the Cards would be a piece of cake. They didn't seem to believe me.

15. Lord David

Lord David BamBam

Credit:
    Hey so I'm farming for the King's Ransom right now and I have the first key but haven't got the second key yet. It seems like the second key is more rare, can anyone confirm?

16. Lord David

Lord David BamBam

Credit:
    Hey so I'm farming for the King's Ransom right now and I have the first key but haven't got the second key yet. It seems like the second key is more rare, can anyone confirm?

17. Lord David

Lord David BamBam

Credit:

18. Corom

Credit:
  19. BEASTMODE

BEASTMODE Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I got pretty lucky with Ransom....got one key the first run....and about 100 runs through the other one I got the second key

Corom likes this.
  20. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    which map has the most beautiful cosmetics?