1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of the new Darkovia area?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Corom, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I think it's pretty neat. The Werewolf baths is the most interesting and well-made area.
    After watching GoldRaven's video on the new area I was thinking there was a really powerful weapon in the game. Only after playing through the whole saga did I realize that the weapon wasn't as powerful as anything I already had. Oh, well.

I did find it RATHER annoying that I had to replay the entire vampire half of the saga. Why not just give a recap to those who already beat it? At least give us the option to get a recap or to replay it. I found that to be a major waste of time. Darkovia is probably one of my least favorite areas of the game, so to replay it all again was kind of tedious.

2. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I found it lacking in the content , redoing the previous line felt longer than the new content... only to end up with a 10hr craft timer for two titles ... cool concept , but for me , it was a let down

3. Corom

Credit:
    What is the new title (s) and how do you find it/them?

Nihilist likes this.
  4. Nihilist

Credit:
    The fixer and sous chef supreme ... after Constantine is king , talk to senator Otho to continue The Fix questline , that will lead you on to the feast hall and talk to chef ollo

5. Nihilist

Credit:
    Also the quests will be called the fix part something and today’s special

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don't really care much for Darkovia. A lot of new releases recently have felt unpolished or a bit stagnant, and I just want to see new gimmicks or actual story depth. I want to be immersed, like I'm the hero to save the world, and that I'm not just doing task after task. For instance, I haven't see how Lolosia, Darkovia, Doomwood, Ashfall, or any of the other places tie in with the main story (Vane), and that's been a huge letdown. I really don't expect much out of new areas until the plot is redefined.

Corom and Nihilist like this.
  7. Corom

Credit:
    I agree. I don't see how picking black flowers for a vampire wedding is really advancing the plot. The quests seem to be: find X NPC, kill X number of mobs, return to X NPC, repeat, repeat, repeat.....

8. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah, a let down for sure, and I didn't realize the crafting was leading to titles, that's fine, I like titles.

But having to replay everything and then the new content only taking up maybe 15% of all that play time was sad. They forced the replay because the content was lacking I think.

I like the new areas and the new gear though! it is all wonderful and I've been wanting gear that looks like this for a while now!

9. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Well that's mostly true for any game, single player or not. But yeah, not much plot advancement... we're just a little errand boy for them.

10. Corom

Credit:
    There are a few items that are good for stats. The rest are good for cosmetics. I am a player who values attack stats. A lot of the new items make you sacrifice your attack for increased health. Most of the new items are this way so I will be using them for cosmetic only. What do you plan to do?

11. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    It was very fun. I haven't had that much fun for a long time but it was very tiring to do the tasks from scratch

Corom likes this.
  12. Corom

Credit:
    I like the fact that the Tactus/Lucianus challenge isn't a true pain like others have been recently. The worst for me was the Cryptodirax challenge. I was SO very glad that we were getting some new BiS gear so that I didn't have to worry about grinding for gloves and boots from that turtle debacle. Things are looking up.....for now.

13. BEASTMODE

BEASTMODE Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I actually like it....hated the fact that we had to restart the whole darkovia storyline....but I'm diggin the new stats...looking forward to using the colliseum for some pvp also

14. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think AE could have focused on other stories that pre-date Vane, such as Ashfall. Not saying they should restart everything, but just piece out the story in a way that seems to flow better to the chronology of events.

BEASTMODE likes this.