1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Special Area

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by PyroKnight, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Actually there are a few cases of getting on top of places. One case is to actually climb to areas without a collision (such as Shadowskull Bridge; climbing on top of the Battleon roof is patched). The second case, though against AE's terms of service, would be from using a travel bug which I won't be explaining how to do (which is how people get on top of the stage at Yulgar's Inn and at areas that are normally not reachable).

Trumpets likes this.
  2. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Some are glitches and some are just pure skill. You need to study the terrain and find things you can climb on and then jump to other things

3. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Theres a hole on the map design or they have an intense parkour skills.

Ylber likes this.
  4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are certainly cases where it's both.

5. Most of the time it's just an oversight... usually forms make it possible to climb to areas unintended. The oversights don't really break the game most of the time, and I don't think they need to wall off most areas, though there are a few that need to be patched. In Umbral Caves, there's a hole that can get you soft-locked. In Arcangrove Forest, there's a pit that's hard to get out from though not impossible. In Box Tree, there's cheese to skip the majority of the parkour. For other areas where you can reach unintended places that don't get you soft-locked or give you advantages, I find that exploration to be fun and I think they ought to have exploration scrolls.

BEASTMODE and Ylber like this.
  6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Some of those oversights are so obvious and makes me wonder why they haven't been fixed yet? Pushing new content every week doesn't leave much time to go back and fix things I suppose.

7. It's probably why the game's still in Beta. There's always new content, but remnants of older content tend to never get revised; if they do get revised, it's usually a major overhaul (redesigned map with new quests such as the Intro map) instead of a simple fix. I'm not sure how they prioritize things, but I'm guessing new releases are highest in priority while non-affecting stuff like typos and a couple of affecting issues are lowest in priority.

Sometimes it takes years to see a necessary revision; for instance, it took around 3 years to finally see them remove the monsters hidden behind spawn from Caves of Unrest (due to bad placement of monsters in the map design, players would have to backtrack if they missed those monsters). I don't even know if they fixed the bad placement of monsters for Frost Labyrinth (where the monsters are behind spawn) since that map's seasonal.

If there's anything major I want to see in a map, it wouldn't be a complete overhaul of the map; it would be something simple like the addition of some landmark (like a cave or some structure for a dungeon, or a repurpose for a structure that doesn't have much use). When they more stuff for Westmere, for instance, I'm hoping they do something with the random door at the top of the hill like add a dungeon or an entrance to a new area.

8. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Parkour and exploring glitchs haha :)

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am sure AE will move their eyes towards old areas and fix them when their priories are aligned.

10. Lema Ris

Lema Ris MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    really , special and secret area is mousehole parkour map

11. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    There is still a glitch at the entrance of Dreadfool's Labyrinth. It is possible to exploit this glitch and travel under the map. I suspect that people know where to go under there and see the whole map. Certain individuals I have run across know where chests are right as they spawn. Maybe using an alt as a lookout.

BEASTMODE likes this.
  12. BEASTMODE

BEASTMODE Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    That's exactly what they are doing...if you accept the quest to kill the chests on a alt account and stand in the entrance hallway you can see where they all spawn...great way to get midas....and I also show alot of ppl that out of map glitch in dreadfuls lab....I like to go that way down to racnor.....there are alot of glitches around aq3d....I got some friends who know pretty much most of them so I try to learn them from them....throne room in coliseum you can actually glitch through the wall and end up in a underground coliseum...it's pretty cool Screenshot_2021-01-16-02-00-50.jpg

Corom likes this.
  13. Corom

Credit:
    That's awesome. I am definitely going to try that out. Can you give more details about how to get there?
    There used to be a lot of glitches in the Arcangrove tower. They apparently fixed most of them. Pretty neat when they were still around.

BEASTMODE likes this.
  14. BEASTMODE

BEASTMODE Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I know of two glitched in arcanegrove tower that are not patched yet...you can basically hop on the pillars next to the doors and walk right through them....I'll try to explain the throne room glitch...easier to see it done though....when u enter the throne room u will see a lil column to the left on the wall... basically u want to line up straight with it and jump at it and wiggle through the wall...it might take some time to do it but you will drop down under the map and if u turn around and head to the right you can get to the underground colliseum u see in my last pic...but...if your not careful you will enter a invisible portal so stick to the wall on the right and you will go right through and voila....invite some friends some great pvp matches with no interferences....let me know if you get down there...gl

15. Might be better, if you don't have a team. But I find creating a party of 4-5 players to be more enjoyable for that map, because you actually start coordinating, cooperating, and strategizing. Otherwise, it's kind of boring.

16. Corom

Credit:
    I think I agree with you on this. While it is interesting to go around collecting chests and all, having a team and working together is definitely a lot better. Coordinating and making friends is the fun part of the game.

Having an alt and knowing where the chests is fun but nothing beats good old fashioned teamwork.

17. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    there are many flaws in the game's modeling, as people are looking for it to climb and even leave the maps