1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape vs AQ Worlds

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Dec 10, 2008.

Which game should be GameOgre.com's Best MMORPG of 2008?

1. Runescape

48 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. AQ Worlds

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i guess not close lol

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Honestly no game deserves a zero. Zero should mean its the absolute worst game in the world and idk about you guys but RuneScape is far from the worst game ever and shouldn't receive a zero.

RuneScape is going to lose and because of things it can't help Ex. Annoying community... there not breaking any rules(most of the time)so the company can't do anything about it. To limited as a free game. Find how many times it says on there website it says RuneScape is a FTP MMOG. 99% they use the term MMOG. Which implies it's not a FTP MMO but just an MMO.

I think what it comes down to is the hate for RuneScape is bigger than the dislike for AQ worlds. Just my 2 cents.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    You are right, the hate for RuneScape has it hurt it during each MMORPG Showdown thus far. In fact, I don't think it has made it past the first round yet.

4. xeias

xeias BamBam

Credit:
    This is preposterous! Compare the two pictures in the first post.Why is the first picture so small? That is unfair , make it bigger then compare. That low quality picture shouldnt be used.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    The vote in the Showdown voting shouldn't be decided by them two screen shots. It should be decided by which game is truly better and you wont know that by looking at two screen shots.

I think the screen shots are fine.

6. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Aaddron, I've been inside the community, both as a player mod and a player, and I know the community is the main reason :). The only reason more rules aren't broken is because A. The chat filter. Jagex told the Pmods not to report anything that the chat filter catches. B. If you swear, but not at anyone, you won't get in trouble. Many players will manipulate this rule. Yes, community isn't the main reason that not many people like RS. The main reason is what Jagex does to hurt the game(I.E. Trade Restriction). Just my 2 cents. :)

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah I had a long list typed up of reason people hate RuneScape but forgot to hit post.:( Jagex did shoot themselves in the foot with some of there new rule's. While not all of them were probably necessary at least they are doing stuff about it unlike other MMO's. I think the problem is they let it go on for to long. Even though RWT has been happening for ever in RuneScape they picked 7 years after release(depending how you look at it)to do something about it. 7 years of wilderness, 7 years of no trade cap etc... If they would have done this much sooner the reaction of this stuff being taken away would have been much less.

As for the chat filter rule... when I read that in the rules section that when a word is filtered it's not against any rules I pretty much figured it's not worth reporting anything. It's a dumb rule that needs to be changed.

8. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    overall i feel Runescape is the better game. It's just a more enjoyable experience to me, besides for all the people talking about runescape only being good if you pay (which i totally agree with you on that) remember you can't even type in a custom message in AQ:W unless you pay, which i find far more limiting.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I was wondering if some onewould comment on the screenshots lol. Ok, they are now the same size:).

10. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Simply put, AQ Worlds will not be the world's biggest free MMORPG or even close to it! AQW is just the first MMO from the makers of single player rPGs. Big deal!RS has been around for many years and has legions of people who hate it or love it. RS is also a more complete game than AQW. Voting appears to now be favor RS and will moreso when I am finished voting:D.

11. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    Yay! Someone who can say what i was trying to say, but a lot shorter!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    As voting stands right now, this match would need a tiebreaker.

13. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Runescape easily. AQ Worlds gets boring after about 30 mins. Aq Worlds lacks depth big time imo.

14. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    RS is in the lead! although this has been very close, the tides have turned many times, i fear when they shall turn again...

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Hmmm, RuneScape might have a chance to win this year. It has the lead both here and the review directory with a little over a day left of voting.

16. Against All Odds

Against All Odds BamBam

Credit:
    It better... Loosing to a game like AQ:W, which I was just playing because I wanted to give it another try to see if it improved at all.... And no, it still fails.

Pros:
    ■ It's now updated more constantly than RuneScape due to the "Less quanity, more quality" rules that Jagex the creators decided to do.

■ An odd battle system that I find okay. But WTF, to heal you sit down... Okaaaaay.... Reminds me of La Tale, which IMO is better than the game that beat RuneScape last year, Maplestory. (Which I also tried and found out it fails.)

Cons:
    ■ Worse graphics than it's first game, AdventureQuest... I mean WTF? Wouldn't it get better?

■ YOU HAVE TO PAY TO TALK? HELL NO! I mean, Nicktropolis made by Nickelodeon (Major kiddie games btw) allows you to have free talk.

■ Holiday events are Payers only? When I logged in I was like "Wow! OMG snow! I wanna see what kind of items I can get!" I get the items, and it says I have to upgrade to put it on. What the hell? Then don't give me the frickin' item in the first place!

■ No true storyline... unless maybe there is if you're a payer.

■ Not original. They just basically made AdventureQuest all over again, added worse graphics, made it so you can see people playing even though more than 90% can't talk, or even interact... except steal your kills. And for what? So you want to pay 20 dollars for 3 months of a game that looks like a 5th grader drew it in MS paint after 2 hours? I mean really... It's like inferior to their first game, how can that be? I mean I wouldn't even play it for one week, let alone 3 months.

■ Have to upgrade equipment to wield it if you get it from a monster.

■ Cannot trade with players at all.

■ No clan system.

List goes on and on... At least RuneScape is 3D. If I wanted to I'll post the pros and cons of RS but my fingers are tired from posting just half the cons of AQ:W.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
  17. MMOMajor

MMOMajor Club Swinger

Credit:
    After a week or two,i am sick of peopel saying u cant do this if ur not a member........THATS WHY I CHOOSE TO PLAY FATE AND RUNESCAPE MORE! :D

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    There have been a few people who tried to vote more than once in the Review Directory. Those who left comments in each vote had those comments combined into one vote. As it stands right now, Runescape is leading by a little over a point.

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  20. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Congrats to RS. It deserved the W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.