1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Need beta testers!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by freid001, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The tavern sounds cool:D.

2. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
  3. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    New some beta testers!

Ok so basically I am looking for some beta testers for my online game: World Warfare

The game is called World Warfare and it is a nation simulation game. Some beta tester may get the change to become a game expert or moderator in the game.

Thanks for any help and any feed back/reviews and suggestions are all welcome!

4. rtkwar

rtkwar Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    1-i think you use awardspace free host like me :)
    but i don't know if any one can tell me how i can make web site url short

2-perfect design

3-about credits you must take care some players can change ip and cheat in your game
    (in some time i cheat in supremacy for get more gold mark)

4-i will tell you more when i discover your game

5- may be you can add more languages to your game (i can help you if you want translate game to arabic)

6-i can't see your flash battle system in Campaign i see white area may be problem from my pc and in battle page i can't find link to previous page

tell me whats you used for color your draw?

5. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    1- Yep I use award space it is a pritty cool hosting system. Whats your website?
    2- Great glad you like it.
    3- Not really sure what you mean here?
    4- Great
    5- I will look into this might use google translate or somthing.
    6- I think this may be a problem with your PC becuase it is working fine for me.
    7- I used a program called fireworks 8. It takes ages to draw the images but it is worth it in the end becuase they always seem to look cool. Sometimes I find it is easyer search gogle for what you want the create like a outline of that object and then add stuff to it, colour etc.

Thanks for your feedback :)

6. rtkwar

Credit:
    World war 2

and i will open other new web site today i finish from my new game

any one can use kproxy.com or other websites and register in your game and get credit easy

i like this idea
    -------------------------------------------------
    in the end i think your game is perfect continue in good work :)

7. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    Cool do you want to do a banner exchange?

If I understand this right I think you are saying that people can get free credits becuase they can ref there account in a new registration with differnt ip using the kproxy.com website?

Thanks I am glad you like it. I could make some graphics for you if you wanted but I would probable have to charge you alittle bit for each picture becuase it takes kind of a while to make them, alternativly I could permit you to use some from my site but again I would probale have to charge you a bit for them becuase thos images are under copyright.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  8. rtkwar

Credit:
    i hope that but i still work on version 5 from world war 2
    and my new web site in arabic my friend still work on english version
    i will tell you when i finish for banner exchange

Yes , Sorry for my Bad English

9. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    Ok Great! Just contact me when you are ready :)

10. rtkwar

Credit:
    i have one question
    How to protect your copy rights?
    i just add (all copy right reserved) to my web site but i don't know how i can protect my rights?

11. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    practically

well, first of all, you can't steal someone's php code, unless you have access to the server, because php is server side. If you are worried that someone who has access to the server on which your php files are hosted, might infringe your code, then I'd suggest the following trick. If I worry that someone wants to steal my php code and I have lots of php code, then what I do is sporadically and randomly put php comments in my code that mentions the word copyright and my name. That way if someone is stupid enough to steal my code and not look into the code to see these comments, then I can verify in court that this person has stolen my copyrighted php code.

Any javascript, html, css however can be picked from everywhere, because it is clientside. People do try ways to protect pictures. Like for instance they use javascript to prevent people from right clicking on the picture and save it on their computer, but these javascript protection of pictures doesn't work, because it can be circumvented rather easily. So basically any clientside can't be protected in certain failsafe practical ways. Pictures and trademarks can only legally be protected on the internet.

However you can prevent others from hotlinking your pictures. The way to do that is with a htaccess file. Your host does need to allow such files to be uploaded to the server of course.

legally

Adding the copyright sign and your name, or your company's name is enough in most countries. This is because copyright in most countries is a personal civil right.

Adding the trademark sign however requires some legal form of a company or cooperation that has registered that trademark.

In most countries it is NOT mandatory to also add the year of copyright. I update my copyright protection each year, but I really don't have to. For instance just because it is the year 2012 and I have copyright sign with the year 2011 on my website does not make copyright protection expire. At least that's how it is in the Netherlands.

I don't know precisely how it works in Egyptian law, but I reckon that the Egyptian civil law books are probably derived from British law or French law codes. I do know that the French and English civil law books are practically the same as the Dutch civil law books when it comes to things like copyright. So I would guess similar laws apply in Egypt as in the Netherlands. If you want to be sure however, I'd suggest you look into the Egyptian civil law books to find the appropriate laws, or else find a lawyer who can advise you on such matters, preferably for free of course.

legal example of copyright

If you look at the bottom of this forum. You can find a registered trademark of vBulletin. This trademark is probably registered by Jelsoft enterprises. The copyright holder of this forum code is thus Jelsoft enterprises, which is a British firm listed in the English chamber of commerce. The owner of the copyright is thus the owner(s) of the company Jelsoft Enterprises. The Ltd. means it is a limited company, meaning that the legal liability is limited to what the owners have guaranteed or invested into the company.

Further downward you see that this forum also uses a Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) script, which makes some parts of this forum open for search engine bots, like the Google bot for instance. As you can see the script was last updated in 2011. Just because the copyright year was last updated in 2011 doesn't mean copyright has expired in this year. This year being 2012. So if you stole that SEO script, then you would still infringe on that copyright. If Crawlability Included saw that you had stolen their copyrighted script (or use without paying for it as stipulated in their User License Agreement), they could haul you to court, and if proven guilty, you could be fined.

the (in)effectiveness of legal protection

Court is always held in the country where the copyright holder is registered as a company, or where the copyright holder is a registered citizen, or where the User License Agreement mentions that arbitration should take place. If no legal cooperation (sometimes including extradition treaty) exists between the countries of the copyright holder and copyright infringer, then basically the copyright holder can't haul the copyright infringer to court, therefore legal copyright is often ineffective. However absentee verdicts do occur in some countries in civil courts, for example where the copyright holder has hauled the copyright infringer to court without the infringer actually appearing in court. Again such absentee verdicts aren't that effective unless you know that the infringer will have to go to the country of the copyright holder and pay the fine if the infringer wishes to leave that country.

If the infringer has also broken criminal laws in his business of infringing the copyright, then the dispute is a criminal law dispute, in which case the copyright holder is represented by the state and all costs of the legal proceedings are born by the state. The infringer is then a criminal and can see jail sentence in some cases. Criminal law disputes are usually settled in the country where the infringement has taken place.

Because it is often so ineffective, there are a lot of infringers in countries like Russia, Belarussia, China (excluding Hong Kong), Ukraine and Mexico, because these countries have hardly any legal cooperation with other countries with regard to civil right disputes or criminal right disputes for that matter.

I do hope this example makes it more clear to you how copyright works. It is hard enough to explain legal matters in Dutch, let alone in English.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
  12. rtkwar

Credit:
    Wow.... Why you don't work lawyer shugo?

13. shugo

Credit:
    well, I don't have a lawyers degree. What I know of Dutch law, I have learned from the introductionary course of Dutch Law of the university of Groningen. I am in no way an expert on this.

Also I do have friends, who are more knowledgeable in these matters. One who is a civil law student with quite some expertise on environmental law, the other an expert on state law. The latter friend is an old highschool classmate who became second in the National Quiz on the Dutch constitution, out of thosands of contestants who participated. So I do have some very knowledgeable friends. I also have some acquaintances who know a great deal about law. One who is an expert in civil law, particular with regard to divorce laws, another who is a criminal law student who's also an expert on traffic rules and traffic violations, and I know a female lawyer who specializes in labour law disputes.

So if I don't know it, I do know someone who does know it.

14. rtkwar

Credit:
    But how you can protect your game if some one make copy from it?

15. rtkwar

Credit:
    Fried
    I think you have error in resources page
    when start drilling 80 barrels oil I Get This :

16. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    Ok thanks I will look into it. Thanks for joinning the game by the way:)

Might not be able to fix it for a few days however becuase I dont have any internet at the minute. But hopfully will on monday.

17. shugo

Credit:
    the best way is to let it show that the code is yours. If he makes a copy from it and thus infringes copyright, then sue him.

18. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    Yep copyright is somthing that you add to your work aslong as your work is 100% your own. And then is some one else tries to copy or attempts to copy your work then you can take them to court.

19. rtkwar

Credit:

mmm...i still think thats not effect
    because you will spend money for lawyer and court and you will spend more if person from other country and you spend more if 3 or 4 person make copy from your game
    and may be you can't know who make copy!!!
    This remains a related humanitarian conscience

20. freid001

freid001 MMORPGer

Credit:
    I guess. But as you said earlier no one can really steal your PHP code because it is server side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.