1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

NPCs

Discussion in 'OgreMUD' started by Noche, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So, I know that in the old OgreMUSH we had a tutorial NPC in the spawn room. Do you guys think that a similar thing may be helpful for players new to the game?

Also (mainly directed at Quinn), are mobile NPCs possible? It may be interesting to have traveling characters to add a little depth, especially if we implement a general plot at some point/stage a war/etc.

2. Krew

Krew Top 10 Reborn Again Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I like the idea of both :)
    Like have a traveling caravan that only accepts certain items to trade for better items, or stuff like that :p

3. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    i concur... it is a good idea

4. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    :3

I'll look more into it tomorrow, then. I myself could remote-control the NPCs I made in the MUSH, but making them actually move around autonomously may be a challenge.

Wait.

Now that I think about it, maybe not. A time-delayed cycle might be doable. Every X minutes/hours/days/whatever, perhaps something could trigger a move between rooms. :\

5. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I like this idea too:D