1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Troop Cap for Season 4

Discussion in 'Ogre Wars' started by ogreman, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miubs

Miubs Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    That would be great:toff:

2. speedyturtle

speedyturtle Spiked Club Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just my opinion and not everyone gotta agree with it but if you gonna set a limit than i would like view things to be considered :D now lets see that we got 500k troops cap and anyone who get over it gets 5 times the penalty so my advice is to set the limit to 600k mark. That way if anyone goes over that limit than they know that a penalty is going to be imposed and if they hit the 600k mark than they would be starting with 0/100 troops. And this would also keep the top players in the game which u might take away if u set the limit to 500k. What i mean is that if someone has reached there limit and there is no way for them to come and the rest of the players are playing safe at around 350k than the guy at top kind of lost it as he is not part of the game anymore. and if the players in the middle know that they dont work hard and the top players can always come down and attack them than they might try harder to get on top.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    We will have to see, but it is being considered right now. In the meantime, the penalty is still in effect:).

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, a few have been knocked off the cap:).

5. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    I like how you wait with that until you use the Club of Leadership yourself, tactics ;)

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    It was just when I had a chance to update the database:).

7. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Brute

Credit:
    I guess I'm alright with the 500k limit. However, I would like to see either; 1. Hard cap or 2. soft cap that is enforced (by the system) within 24 or 48hrs?.

So, if you go over and stay over for 24hrs, then you get penalized. Only problem with this is there would need to be someway to get rid of troops, if there is no one in range to attack or if you are 100% defensive build.

8. speedyturtle

Credit:
    I have always been against hard cap of 500k :) i am all for 500k soft cap and 600k hard cap and the reason for that is the strategy where if someone has reached the troop cap and other villages decide that they gonna stay low and not come in attack range than the player on top has got the option of gaining troops and coming down to there troop level.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

9. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Brute

Credit:
    Ah ok, I see what you're saying now Speedy. I think I like that idea, but...
    I guess my first question is what is the penalty for soft cap currently and how is it determined when it is applied (how much time over 500k)?

Second question, why do you choose 500ksoft and 600k hard? (instead of say, 450ksoft/500hard or 500soft/550hard). Just curious, it seems to me the only difference it makes would be how long the season would last. higher the cap, the sooner people will max out off/def?

10. speedyturtle

Credit:
    First of all it is difficult to put the cap in place as you would have to go into programing and change everything there and yougotta be really careful when u change the settings as it can have impact on other things as well. The game comes with a cap of 4294967295 troops and that is what it shows the most power when u attack or defend as well and i think that is the most money you can keep with you at one time as well and if u sell everything u got than u wont be able to have more than that money at one time.
    The reason i said 500k soft and 600k hard is that we have agreed that the troop cap would be 500k so no point setting it below that. Now if u set it to 600k hard cap than anyone who has reached that cap would lose all there troops and would have to start from the begining which is 100 troops and that gives the people who has worked hard to get on top the advantage of deciding where they wanna come in the game. what i mean to say is that people who worked hard should get advantage rather than penalized for working hard and be on top.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Lumle is back under the cap the easy way:).

12. speedyturtle

Credit:
    As i am sitting on top doing nothing and miubs and korutsona seems to be away as well i will take the responsibility of bringing players down who would go above the troop cap and that way i can be a part of the game as well and would ogreman wont have to go in system to bring us down as well.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

13. Epine

Epine Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    how does this season system work?
    whats the difference between each season?

14. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    At the end of each season the game gets completely reset. Seasons are used to keep the game interesting. It's no fun when one nation is dominating, especially when it gets to the point where it's literally impossible for the other nations to knock them off the top. Seasons don't have a set length, usually it just goes until a nation reaches the point of dominance or the majority of players feel it's time for reset.

Seasons can bring new rules and/or changes to item costs, training costs etc... usually based on how the previous season went. Players can also change nations and like said above, the game is completely reset to 0.

15. Epine

Credit:
    oh cool is the new season starting soon?
    i only just reached 10k troops but i doubt i'll ever catch up to the top guys atm

16. Epine

Credit:
    oh crap accidently attacked noche now i have 0 troops...

17. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    That's another reason for the Seasons, Ogre Wars is not an easy game to get into after it's been going for a while. Seasons don't have a defined start and end date so I'm not sure.

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Troop generation gets easier the bigger your village gets:).

19. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There's no cap anymore? Dmt reached about 750k troops lol..
    Got him down under 600k though.. But I lost some of my troops for that

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  20. speedyturtle

Credit:
    should have left him there as he will go down to 100 troops for going above the cap.

SPEEDY
    enjoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.