1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Combat Arms Open Beta

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by ogreman, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Greetings, Nexonite!
    Nexon's new multiplayer First Person Shooter COMBAT ARMS is officially entering Open Beta, and the game is moving quickly towards Official Launch! If you haven't heard about COMBAT ARMS, then you're missing out on some of the fastest combat action currently on the FPS playing field. Combat Arms features fully customizable characters, weapons, and game modes — choose where and how you want to play, and what you want to take into battle with you. Players have access to a vast arsenal of assault rifles, pistols, grenades, body armor, and more will be added with constant monthly updates, in addition to new maps, new game modes, and new events.

So if you haven't had a chance to try it out, drop by combatarms.nexon.net, download the Open Beta client, and give it a shot. The Open Beta phase will continue through Official Launch. Barring any serious issues, players will be able to retain their nickname, as well as their rank and stats earned during Open Beta testing.
    For those of you already in Open Beta, keep up the fighting! Once we get feedback from our player base, we anticipate moving very quickly towards Official Launch.
    Service Area Notice
    Please note that service for this game will be available only in the following areas:

North America
    South America
    Oceania (Australia)

OPEN BETA SURVEY
    For all testers who participate in the Pre-Open Beta and Open Beta testing phases, the Open Beta Feedback Survey will be available on the website beginning on Monday, June 30th. To access the survey, log in with your Nexon Passport ID and click the "Feedback Survey" button on the left hand side of the main page to launch the Survey popup.
    OB Feedback Survey Event
    Players who complete the Feedback Survey by Sunday, July 6th, will be eligible for a random prize drawing:
    5 lucky soldiers will each receive an Assault Kit! Each kit includes:
    — One (1) Razer Copperhead Gaming Mouse
    (See http://www.razerzone.com/p-74-razer-copperhead-gaming-mouse.aspx)
    — One (1) Razer Destructor Professional Gaming Mat
    (See http://www.razerzone.com/p-80-razer-destructor-precision-gaming-surface.aspx)
    50 more winners will receive 10,000 Nexon Cash in their accounts to spend once the Black Market (COMBAT ARM's Item Shop) goes live!

DEVELOPER NOTES SECTION OF FORUMS
    To keep you abreast of new developments in the game, and give players a more informal insight into the development process, we've created a "Developer Notes" section in the Combat Arms Forums. Here, we'll talk about specific features that we're adding to the game, so check it frequently. You can find the Developer Notes section here.
    BRAND NEW WEBSITE
    The new Official COMBAT ARMS website will debut on Monday, July 7th. It will still be located at combatarms.nexon.net, but will become a much more comprehensive site for all things related to COMBAT ARMS. Learn more about all the maps, weapons, and ranks available in COMBAT ARMS!
    These new features will also be available on the new website:
    Player Profile — You'll be able to view your stats and your character online - what weapons and gear you're packing, your in-game performance, and achievements you've earned. See how you measure up to your friends and your rivals!
    Player Rankings — Once you reach the Corporal rank, you'll be officially ranked in the COMBAT ARMS Player Ranking system. View your standing versus your peers, on a variety of different benchmarks - Kill/Death Ratio, Most Kills, Most GP, etc.

More upcoming features will be added in the months to come, including Clan Profile and Rankings, and new ranking types!
    There's a lot more coming, and we're excited to have you join us for them... so enlist now! Combat awaits!
    — Combat Arms Command —

2. davidmn

davidmn Ogre Newling

Credit:
    hi

I don't want to restart PlayPod that often. Ten minutes is not enough to evaluate the product.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I started playing Combat Arms 2 days ago and I can say it's amazing.

4. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Is it out of Beta now?

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Open beta means anyone can play. The game doesn't have vary many bugs and is vary fun to play.

6. TheGiver

TheGiver Little Spike

Credit:
    I Started Playing it 3 days ago and I AGREE IT IS!!!
    I played COD4 but i stopped because My laptop sucks at really awesome looking games -_-"
    But I totally Love this game and I RULE AT IT!!!!
    My fav map is cold seed and weapon category is Assault Rifles:D
    9/10

7. FightOYoLife

FightOYoLife Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Yes I'm too lazy to check it out now, but anyone know the business model on this game once it launches? F2P, P2P, item shop?
    Sounds good, just want to know what I'm getting into ;)

8. TheGiver

TheGiver Little Spike

Credit:
    well its F2P and no item mall but u can charge gold pieces(gp) but it hasn't come out yet, And it's already out.

9. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i think its out of beta now.

10. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Quit. Got called a hacker too much because everyone hacks in that game(I don't). Good until you come across hackers.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    What game are you playing there isn't that many hackers. You'll come across one every once and a while but its not vary often.

12. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    It's because the patches come every week now. Before that you got speed hackers/score hackers(Even right now you have some, but they're not stupid enough to get 20K points a game) Why do you think Krytical got wiped? Trust me here Aaddron. I can give you a link to the site where they get what's called the infamous '30 Dollar Hack'. Game may not be infested anymore, but over the summer it was absolutely ridiculous how many hackers there were.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    I played it since launch. Me and my friend both have and we have only ran into about 5 hackers combined.

14. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Lucky you. I don't lie though. I'm not saying the game is bad, it's a great mmofps for free, but they had major hacking problems. And you can't say 5 hackers combined. Over 100 people got banned for stat hacking. I'll PM you link to the page if you want.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Dude look at my post...

One: I didn't say you were lieing.
    Two: We can say we only seen 5 hackers combined because we have. I don't look on there website I play the game and we've only seen 5 hackers combined.

16. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Ok, I know you just sound like you think I am lol. It's different, hackers are there, but not everyone see's them. I know how hackers move and such, so I see more. Most hackers have a common rule "Only use your hack to gain the edge, not ruin the game" so, it's hard to catch them.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
    So if they were to get 60 kills in one game would you say they were hacking?

18. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    No. You could get 10 and be hacking. Watch your teamates, twitches and moving to the direct person, and seeing people where you can't see them(Like up on the tower at Snow Valley, seeing through the fog) shows they are a hacker. Scores has nothing to do with it. I can go 30-2 in a game and I don't hack. Btw, if you get good at seeing how people hack(The ways I just showed you) Tell Nexxon and they give you 7.5k GP if you catch a few.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    I know how to spot hackers I've used hacks on offline games for fun and in closed self hosted matches vs. friends on various games I know how they work and we didn't miss any we just don't run into any.

Most twitches and seeing people were you can't is caused by lag...

Now I'm done back on topic.

20. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Ok same. I see some, some don't. Good game though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.