1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect World Entertainments Support Is Decent

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by Aaddron, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    So I sent a ticket to change the registered email address of my Perfect World account... I clearly stated that my email account was being terminated (it's an old one) and that I needed to change my email address... two days later I get a copy and paste response from the Q&A section that states:

"Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting any email changes unless it's due to email service termination, which must be verifiable. We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any other issues please feel free to contact us anytime."

Which is all fine and dandy except for what I've put in bold above... so per their own rules I'm in the right yet not only did they give me a copy and paste answer they didn't even bother reading my request as I clearly stated that my email account is being terminated, which should allow me to change my email address.

I made my response as short and simple as possible so hopefully they actually read this one...

Anyone here gone through Perfect World's support before? Does it get any better?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
  2. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Unfortunately most of the time its just as you said above. Pretty much any issue you send to them you will get a standard template reply back, even if you have very clearly explained what was going on.

I dunno if they do this to weed out the "unimportant" emails they receive or what but yes its annoying and makes it take twice as long to actually get your ticket responded and fixed if they even fix it.

If they do fix it do not be surprised if it takes them a month or longer to actually do it.

I usually try their live support first and only email them if the live support cant help me. Its about 50/50 with live support. Sometimes you get someone really helpful who listens and knows their stuff and the other half of the time you just get some automated responses and then told to email their support instead.

Good Luck!

3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah it's sucks support means nothing these days... every company has it but vary few do it right :( Will try live support if this way fails again.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ok here's the reply:

"When we speak of email termination, we are speaking of a provider terminating service. An example of this would be if someone used a work address and they were no longer employed with that company or a college address and they are graduating."

I really want to understand but it just doesn't make sense to me, the reasoning is slightly different in the examples vs my request but technically I could argue it's the provider terminating the service... anyways, it shouldn't matter why or who terminated the account as the need for the change always stays the same, in all three cases the email needs to be changed because it can no longer be accessed.

Looks like I might have to start completely over and lose my username just because they wont change my email address x.x I also asked if they could delete my account or at least change the username so I can re-use it if I'm forced to create a new account... so we'll see.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Almost a week of back and forth later they have changed my email address so they aren't all bad :D I've upgraded them from terrible to decent :p

6. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Glad to hear you got it straightened out :)

7. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'm starting to think that they really are terrible :(

8. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Poor Super :(,

Which download did you use for the game the client or the torrent? Maybe try uninstalling again and redownloading using another method. Usually sites like fileplanet keep a mirror as well. After you redownload it and install it make sure you verify the files if you didnt do that the first time as well.

Then when you open the game and get to your launcher tell what version it says your on.

9. Supernatural

Credit:
    I've downloaded the client from their site.

Good idea, i'll try downloading the game from torrent, people who downloaded the game via steam have the same problem.
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  10. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Remember Steam has it now too. you can try it through steam, and you even get a free lvl 10 turtle pet as a promo if you use Steam lol.

11. Supernatural

Credit:
    btw forsaken world isn't added to Europe version of steam

12. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Probably cause they dont actually have a EU site. There are EU servers but you still download the game from the NA site to get to them.

13. Supernatural

Credit:
    After 5 days without answering my ticket, nor a proper response to the forum thread I can say with ease, their support is really terrible! I doubt I will be playing forsaken world this summer!

14. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    re-downloading the game didnt work using the torrent or a mirror site? Did you also try verifying your files?

15. Supernatural

Credit:
    I downloaded the game via torrent, same problem. I verified the files after every game installation, and a few times before manual patches, no use, it just isn't working...

16. Supernatural

Credit:
    Ahahahahahahahaha, these guys are hilarious...

17. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    Are you using a pirated version lol?

You can send me your comp specs in PM if you want but I dont think its that. If you have the game downloaded still and sure you are up to date on all your patches, you can try running the game from a source in the files. If you have launcher open using the other file to start the game will skip the launcher which may work in your case.

Just depends how much more you want to try. If you still want to try let, then Ill give you more details :)

18. Supernatural

Credit:
    Yep, give's me less pain the the original one even if i still have licensed Win 7 Ult and XP...

I bought my pc in February with 6 core processor and 1gb graphic card so it's not my configuration :)

I've tried everything with the game files, when i launch the game directly i just get and error and game shuts down itself for update...

I gave up, i think they have someking of an IP block for Europe, game itself still isn't Released on Eu version of steam...

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    What does the error say? PWE has the rights for the game in Europe so shouldn't be any IP block.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  20. GameOgreVideos

Credit:
    The error is probably in chinese it usually is lol.

I know its not an IP block. This version of FW is global, there is no "EU" site, but there are plenty of EU servers.

Im sure you have but make sure your drivers are all up to date.

Make sure your windows updates are all up to date and you have all the service packs and C+ stuff updated. PWE games are really sensitive to microsoft net framework updates as well, so make sure all of that is up to date.

It still sounds like to me that its just not correctly installing on your computer and the launcher therefore isnt applying the updates. And though PWE support may be off on the reason why it kinda sounds like they are saying the same thing.

Personally I would still try a different download from a different site. Make sure you verfiy they files again. Also make sure you are installing it as Admin of your comp, with admin permissions etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.