1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Fastest Ways to Level

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by ogreman, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Can anybody who has played the game share the best way to level?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  2. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've always soloed dungeons to level, but parties can give you nice bonuses. I just don't like waiting around for slow players and having leeches steal all the gold before you're even done wiping out the room. As it stands I usually rake in 15k-25k experience per solo run so long as the dungeons are pretty high levels.

From my experience, Library 2F and Collapsed Halls are experience jackpots if you play them right. The monsters tend to swarm to you more than they do in other dungeons, so if you can stay out of the pack or herd them all into one little area, you can go to town and kill an entire room very quickly. If you are a party junkie, these are great if you play on Very Hard because that SSS comes much easier. Lib2F is full of Guardians, which fall quickly and are easy to grab. Collapsed Halls is full of Angoliers and skeletons, so it's pretty much a joke once you know what you're doing.

The Halloween event also made a ton of experience-multiply buff items available, so scout out the Auction House for those or trade in Eyeball Candy with Poison (she's swimming in the fountain) for a chance to get said buff items.

So, yeah. Three basic but obvious tips:

1. Clear the dungeon as fast as possible.
    2. Kill every monster; it racks up experience nicely.
    3. Avoid letting your hit counter go above 20 or so if you can. Higher rank = nicer rewards. [If you really want to sneak around this, die right before you're about to kill the boss, use a resurrection scroll, and beat the dungeon. It's like a free SSS. Well, mostly free. iirc your experience goes down if you do this though, so it's only really useful if you're farming for gold cards or something.]

3. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Main way to level up - Quests. Do all of them except the ice shards and moonstone ones. Also try to ignore pvp quests, unless you like pvp. But doing pvp will just slow you down overall.

If you don't have many quests and simply want to grind exp, do the highest dungeon you can.

Well, always play on normal mode if you are soloing.

If you want to just wreck the dungeon in a group, do normal as well and try to complete every single room.

Normal, Hard, and Very Hard all give the same experience from monsters in my experience. If it is more it is only like 10% more. And you can complete normal dungeons 2x faster than a Very hard dungeon so I'd just stick with normal unless a quest requires it.

As Noche said, try to raid every room possible. I'm in the 2nd area so the rooms are different for power leveling.

Rewards mean nothing if you are just trying to get faster levels.

Try to pick up Wiseman Stones and Augment Stone though, because the more you can shove into your weapons/armor the better and faster you will proceed through a dungeon.

4. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yup, the best thing in every game is to follow the questline :)

5. Drama

Credit:
    you mean press escape/turn off quest scenes right?

XD

I don't really pay attention to the quest line honestly.

so far this is what I got at lvl 29:

Angela is hot red head girl.
    Frantz is emo half-vampire.
    Frants has fiance who is also half-vampire which he made her into.
    Frantz wants Angela to kill him when/if he ever goes full vampire by taking his fiance's blood or something.

Vlad=bad dude

That's it XD dunno why frantz just doesn't go for angela i mean...wtf is he blind too?

6. Supernatural

Credit:
    For some reason I like questlines and the stories we follow in games, makes the thing a lot more interesting for me :)

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    That does help instead of grinding all of the time:).

8. Drama

Credit:
    Well D6 and D5 end were interesting. D4 was boring.

Haven't beat D3 yet.

9. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Is there a new level to level faster in the last 2 months. I thought about showing RH to a friend:D.

10. Supernatural

Credit:
    You level pretty fast in RH anyway, you can get to lvl 20 in a few hours :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.