1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Defenders DLC - Will you buy it?

Discussion in 'Budget Gaming' started by Drama, Feb 2, 2012.

Will you buy any DD DLC?

1. Yes. I already own some dlc

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes. I plan to eventually

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No. It is far too expensive

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. No. I have no way to purchase it

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Well other than ogreman, I am curious if anyone will buy the dlc for this game.

Honestly, the DLC is far too expensive.

I'd hate to say this but I really want to stay away from trendynet games if they rely on dlc this much to expand the gameplay.

anyone who has maxed out all 4 characters like myself (takes a good 10 hours to do all 4 base characters. Longest one is apprentice-->74 then you just camp glitterhelm caverns and swap characters. OR allow a friend to do it for you =p) would probably understand that Nightmare/hardcore modes are practically 50% of the gameplay.

now i just would like to hear everyone else's opinions so i dont seem like im the only one =p

Nightmare armor, weps, pets are what all characters want eventually since they are the top of the line weapons. Remember though, if you don't have the dlc the person who camps for mythical armor on nightmare then sets up shop will almost always have near perfect armor.

Best armor is mythical pristine gear but you have to look around.

Best weapons:
    mage and monk - you have to look around they vary too much
    ranger - its tied. Crystal Tracker and Disk Thrower. Nightmare hunters typically will have both because the tracker is an "explosive" and damages multiple enemies while the disk thrower can pierce through enemies and hits much higher at a slower rate.
    squire - Counteau (hween map) and blade of the north (xmas map) great weapons that can deal over 3.3m+ dps with the rage mode (i dont remember what it is called) activated

2. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I have some of the DLC. I don't think it's too bad (price-wise). Granted, it could be cheaper but when you consider that the base game itself is only $15 it's pretty good. Plus when you compare it to something like Call of Duty where you're paying $15 just for 4 multiplayer maps it seems great. At least in this instance the DLC expands heavily to the gameplay and longevity of the game, though, as you said, it also seems to force you into this by restricting non-DLC owners. Regardless, I think in your case the DLC is worth it, as it is for anyone that plays the game enough.

3. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    At least I can play nightmare with another group/friends. But I only have 1-2 people who can host a reliable game. Everyone else doesn't really have a reliable internet. Oh and ogreman too I think but he doesn't log on a ton.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    I already bought it:).

I log on a lot for me these days.

5. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I want to eventually :D.

6. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    How do you like the barbarian? Personally I find it very difficult to use on single player, especially since he's low level. I think in multiplayer he'll be a bit easier with supporting team mates but nobody else was online when I was playing.

7. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i am online now ^_^

i doubt ill buy the barbarian class...

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yes, the barbarian will do better at higher levels. His solo ability is virtually nil without some type of defense.

9. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    No. I have no way to purchase it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.