1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria - No more New Updates

Discussion in 'Terraria' started by Drama, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Andrew 'Redigit' Spinks had this to say:

“After a lot of internal debate, we have decided that it is time to move on. My wife and I are due to have another boy soon, and I want to spend some time getting to know him. I also want to spend the time recharging and bettering myself as both a programmer and game designer. I have learned a lot from working on Terraria and plan on using what I’ve learned, building upon it, and moving forward with another, even better project. However, we are still planning at least one more bug fix for Terraria.â€

So no more updates planned other than bug fixes for terraria. *sigh* How sad.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Hmmm, could the community step in and update it instead?

3. Drama

Credit:
    oh this is where it was moved....

and no the community can only provide reskins and item additions. Much like minecraft mods where you decompile the game and then redo everything how you like.

but the community will not be able to keep the game going. this will definitely put a shot in their sales for those who get terraria as a recommendation from friends =/

4. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Actually I hope this will bring the price down...

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, should have redirected it I guess but this the proper forum for Indie Games like Terraria.

Hmmm, thought it would last longer since it is a special game.

6. Drama

Credit:
    it probably will because they won't be getting many sales i'd assume now.

we'll see i guess.

HERO's Channel - YouTube

in the mean time. this famous terrarian youtuber is creating one of the biggest mod packs that will be released in the future. keep an eye out for it because "Hero" has promised his viewers a big surprise including many bosses. One of which is a phoenix.

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It was bound to happen eventually, it amazing it had as many updates as it did. Looking forward to see what these guys do next.

8. m0nkeysensei

m0nkeysensei MMORPGer

Credit:
    This is sad seeing as how much i love this game.
    I am hoping the mod community keeps up the fresh content.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Judging by the success of Minecraft, it would make sense if they did.

10. Drama

Credit:
    Well eventually Notch is going to have to do that with Minecraft so yea...him and "Jeb" can't keep doing minor updates forever. I think a few of the recent updates have actually been player created mods. Most famous one being piston but we'll see =p.

Besides, like some people have said before...Mojang is a smaller company and the kids (Sorry a majority of them are, not calling all of you kids that play MC but it's just the majority) that play the game will expect Notch's next game to be better than MC or they won't buy it and hate it most likely.

They are going to expect far too much out of him I assume.

Re-logic...well we didn't get to meet the developer redigit that well. As he stated he didn't have a PR manager and he wasn't that great at handling PR . I did expect a lot more actual content such as something like the 1.2 update, except again pretty much before at least considering they would move on.

Re-Logic has more people in the indie game team compared to Notch from the looks of it so we might see more from them. He said that he did have a lot of beta testers before.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012