1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Down

Discussion in 'Drakensang Online' started by Drama, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Chat Down

Well I usually don't experience this often in games...but it seems the system chat goes down a lot.

At one point I will be in group chat, a few mins later, still in group and it just says system. no more guild char as well.

Then it says the chat system is not available.

I looked on the forums and they said yes it is a bug atm and they are trying to fix it when they can. The mods aren't really helpful but at least they are active.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  2. Drama

Credit:
    Further looking into this on their forums they have been 'working on it' for a long time.

I guess they aren't that fast on fixing a big bug that helps the game tremendously.

3. sasuke24

sasuke24 Clubbed for Shop Abuse

Credit:
    Well actually they got unexpected amount of members in beta mode that they have become lazy. I have complained several bugs but they only say "We are working on it", even though they haven't fixed them in their patch updates.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I wouldn't say they are lazy, they've been putting out patches every week for months now. Bugs take time to fix, even something that appears to be a simple fix could be tied to 20 other things, turning a simple fix into a major rewrite. Even something that is actually simple isn't simple... first you gotta find the bug, then you gotta figure out how to fix it, then you have to run a bunch of tests to make sure the fix didn't screw anything else up. I'll agree they've been pretty slow but they have been fixing stuff, it just takes some time.

5. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    Haven't used chat since I know nobody in this game, because I am new

6. lecent

lecent Little Spike

Credit:
    Drakensang Online, a free-to-play action-oriented fantasy MMO, is the browser version of the popular PC game titled The Dark Eye: Drakensang (D&D) from German-based Radon Labs.
    I'm playing this game.

7. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    since I need anew character to start over again in the server where you guys play then it should takes some time to level.

8. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't think it takes long time to lvl.. At least not in the beginning..

9. Drama

Credit:
    Well first, the players find the bug for you so their first step is to figure out and fix it.

Sure there is the Q&A/Bug Support team probably that finds bugs. But they find em before they go public

And A way you can trick your system to get the chat back is by leaving group chat in a certain manner then logging out.

Try to leave a group chat before the leader does if you are not the leader. Some reason when you are kicked from a group chat and die for example, the group chat may glitch out on you and you only have System.

10. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Devs find bugs too even after release, whether a player or Dev finds a bug the first step is still finding the bug... you can't fix something if you don't know it's broken. Beside that, I didn't mean just finding a bug in game... I also meant finding the bug in the code.