1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Talent System

Discussion in 'Drakensang Online' started by Drama, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Press the N key or just say what you have on login but I'm a lvl 24 archer atm and I have:

Fortified string - Piercing hunting arrow (green one)
    Monitoring Mark - All marked enemies are slowed down by 10%
    Longbow Veteran - 25% more damage dealt with longbows - I chose this because the game has it set where longbows deal more damage per second
    Steady Aim - Precision shot deals 20% more damage
    Nimble Trappers - Hunter traps will be cooled down by 25%

This is what I have planned for the next ones:
    Magically Braided Net - Enemies will be marked with the net.
    Body Control (possibly) - Adrenaline ability cool down 10% faster and you don't suffer from 25% less damage.
    Wolves' Tribute (I can see this being far more useful than the melee attack perk.) - Wolf pack heals you 60% of damage dealt.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  2. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    Talent system? I'd like to know what it does for the character.

3. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks for the info :p I didn't know that there was a talent system lol

4. sasuke24

sasuke24 Clubbed for Shop Abuse

Credit:
    The game's biggest disadvantage is that's it's not newbie friendly. There is no good tutorial in the whole game.
    I learned about the talent system just a few days ago from their forum.
    Drakensang should develop a good tutorial for newbies.

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I completely disagree, I think the games biggest strength is it's simplicity. No hidden menus, everything is under buttons that are always shown on screen. Quests tell you which map they are on and objectives are hinted at. Quest objectives (except killing x amount of monsters) are marked on your map automatically just by getting sorta close to them... meaning if you can't find something for a quest just run around the map which aren't vary big anyways. The game features a few video tutorials.

Skills come automatically so no hard confusing choices... weapons are easy to compare by simply looking at damage per-second, armor is a little trickier but all the stats are given. Even the talent system is pretty simple... just two choices every 5 levels and when you level up a clear icon pops up that takes you to the menu.

The talent system was added just yesterday so please don't think you just couldn't find it until now.

6. Drama

Credit:
    I just kept spamming buttons on my keyboard til i found which one it was.

But I didn't watch the tutorial because it was about a mager so I didn't really get it off that point. I just exited it after that. But I feel I know pretty much everything other than all the areas/characters/etc

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    How did both of you miss the button on the top bar lol? The button also says which key you can press to open it. A button also pops up on the left side of the screen when you level.

8. Drama

Credit:
    Well I don't pay attention to the GUI. The buttons at the top of the screen are a nuisance to me. I wish you could hide them and just use hot keys because they don't really help me.

Also it was just when I logged in, I exited it out after I did the (+) then I tried to find the key.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ah I can see that, hiding them would be a nice option too. This is my talent tree:

Fortified string
    Monitoring mark
    Shortbow veteran
    Steady aim
    Nimble trappers... considering switching to Perseverant dancer
    Mark of falcon

Not sure on the last two atm, gonna wait until I use Adrenaline and Wolf pack a bit.

10. Drama

Credit:
    Perseverant dancer the base skill is a little....consuming for concentration.
    And although you get a free reset why shortbow? Longbows deal more dps.

Though, I set the traps often so having the skill take 3-4 seconds to reset is pretty nice.

As for your mark of the falcon meh. I'd rather use the net and mark multiple people instead of having the hawk deal damage to 1 person.

It's a tradeoff with net and hawk really. Hawk deals lots of damage but only stuns/marks 1 person with the ability.
    Net deals minimal damage, but can stun/mark multiple people with the ability.

Since I abuse precision shot sometimes I can find the net becoming pretty handy.

11. KuroTsuna

Credit:
    is the talent system for a high level or can someone that's a low level get it?

12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Longbows do more DPS on base but Shortbows still shoot faster, therefor you should be able to get more skill attacks off quicker and likely more DPS. I haven't done the calculations to back this up however, nor do I care too, as it's not the reason I use shortbows... I use them because it's what I always have used, I like the speed of attack, it's what I like to use.

Perseverant dancer is a skill I use more and more.

The net doesn't fit my play-style.

Every level you get a point to put into the talent tree, every five levels you choose one of two perks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  13. KuroTsuna

Credit:
    I see, and you can add me my ign is ''kurotsuna''

14. Drama

Credit:

hm. I started with the shortbow, but I see (from the blacksmiths) that better base bows drop at higher levels and may in the end have much higher DPS than a shortbow. At first in the game it didn't really seem like it mattered a whole ton though.

Usually I prefer the faster weapon as well. (In runescape this is debated a lot between 2 weapons. Chaotic Rapier and Chaotic Longsword. I chose Rapier.)

Rapier=6 speed 4 attack
    Longsword=4 speed 6 attack They are equal in terms of DPS, but some people prefer one over the other.

Now back to topic on Drakensang, I just...well I'm not very lucky with drops as you can tell :D. So I have to stick with the base items sometimes.