1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Indie Games dupes

Discussion in 'Indie Games' started by Lions, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    depends what the game is because I don't care for players usually all the time.

unless someone gets me into the game then I want to see them and their friends play.

e.g. drakensang. which is why I got bored with it.

2. Drama

Credit:
    like...racing games?

3. Drama

Credit:
    depends how badly they screw up and if they don't listen to reason.

4. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    when expect something you really want in your game that is announced in another version of the game, but the version you're playing replace what you want and add an useless exclusive thing instead for example

5. florentall

florentall MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    depends on the game you even have mmorgps with vehicles who are pretty cool sometimes:D

6. florentall

florentall MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    depends on the game I think, if it looks good I would play it anyway.

7. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    It will die out when the players don't increase in a period

8. atom31

atom31 BamBam

Credit:
    If it's good I would play but if I have to choose between two similar games one with more players I would choose the later.

9. Fairy_Land2User

Fairy_Land2User BamBam

Credit:
    good game worth to play, player doesnt matter as time passby more player will come in

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Just bought this game today at the Steam Summer Sale:). It feels like an old D&D game. It will be added to the Directory soon.

11. Nelson Williams

Nelson Williams Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Ah, Legend of Grimrock. Yeah, that's a complete old school game with modern graphics and technology. You can hear the dice rolling behind the scenes. Giant snails for everyone!

I hear tell they have a level editor on the way, too.

nikolpro45 likes this.
  12. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    It was one of only two games that I bought during the Steam Summer Sale so far:).

13. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Is it multiplayer?

nikolpro45 likes this.
  14. Nelson Williams

Nelson Williams Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Legend of Grimrock? Single player, I'm afraid. You do get a party of characters to manage, though.

nikolpro45 likes this.
  15. Jemcrystal

Jemcrystal BamBam

Credit:
    I like the many players but I have been in games that few people knew existed and enjoyed them for a few weeks. Those small unadvertised games would have been ruined if to many people crowded in. Some 3d worlds are just not big enough.

16. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    And so it was predicted! Star Wars: The Old Republic will be going free-to-play this fall.

[​IMG]

It looks like all of the predictions were right! Today BioWare has officially announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be going free-to-play this fall, with players having full access to all eight personal storylines up to level 50, although some content and advanced features will be gated via microtransaction purchases. Subscriptions will still be available to players by offering unlimited access to new features and higher-level content, but BioWare has noted that they want to offer "flexibility and choice" to their players.

Ultimately, according to the new SWTOR F2P FAQ, free players will be limited in terms of how many warzones, flashpoints, and space missions they will be able to accomplish per week. Additionally, F2P players will have "extremely" limited access to the Galactic Trade Network, as well as no access to any endgame operations. The expectation is that these features will be available to F2P players via microtransaction purchases (BioWare is calling their real-money currency "Cartel Coins"), but subscribers should be able to access all of this new content for the same monthly price.

BioWare also has plans to reward their current and returning players, with Cartel Coins rewarded to subscribers and purchasers of the Collector's Edition of SWTOR, as well as a unique "Fan's Choice in-game item" for anyone who subscribes before August 1st, 2012.

17. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    This is a good move, 1 to end game content is pretty good, will give more people a chance to play it.

18. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well restrictions are pretty hard, doubt much people will decide to start paying now...

19. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    The restrictions are pretty good, could be better but defiantly not the worst of hybrid model games. The meat of the game 1-50 looks to be untouched, which is great. The end game and extra modes are gimped but 3 out of 4 modes are limited by amount of times can play per-week instead of can't play at all which is good. I don't see any money restriction which is great... however it could be just not on the chart yet...

The trade network restriction is a bummer... hopefully they provide free players with at least 1 slot to sell things but it's a pretty common restriction.

I'm hoping they add some kind of in between tier where you spend say $10 and get some of the limits lessened.

EDIT: Found the first real wrinkle... they are planning paid (free for subs) content updates every 6 weeks... if they aren't overpriced could be neat... kind of like DCUO mini expansions, sounds like they will offer an update in one package and also split the package up so if say it includes a PvE item (say new quests) and a PvP specific item (say new maps)... you can buy just the PvP item if your not interested in PvE quests... I like the idea but I think in the end it'll just divide the player base.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.