1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AFQ: WoW Edition

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Rantzr, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rantzr

Rantzr Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So I decided to purchase WoW, along with all expansions up to Cataclysm (sweet deal for only $20!), and I have a few questions about WoW for everyone here. I was wondering which class would best complement each race?
    I'm pretty sure Gnome would be the best for Mage or Worlock right? I'm unsure of the rest. I also wanted to know what are some good servers to play on? I always end up pick poopy servers for some reason lol. A problem I'm having is the game says I only have WoW (no expansions) but then when I log in I can play as a Worgen, Goblin, Blood Elf, and Draenei. Is this normal?

EDIT: Any tips would be great! I'm a first time player.

EDIT: If anyone could recommend two classes that would work well together that would be awesome. I'm gonna be questing in a duo for awhile and it would be pretty helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Nice deal:).

Did you want to be on the horde or alliance? That does make a difference. It would also help determine which class and race to start with.

Hmm, you have the expansions if you have those races.

If you are just beginning, I would start with the style that best suits you. For example, I usually played a rogue or warrior until the death Knight came out. Hope that helps:).

3. Rantzr

Credit:
    I'll be playing both factions, but most likely the Alliance in the beginning (first month or so).

My Favs
    Alliance:
    Worgen
    Draenei
    Night Elf
    Horde:
    Undead
    Tauren
    Troll
    Blood Elf

I like all classes evenly. I was just wondering which classes best complemented each race based on their racial traits/abilities.

I knew I had em! That's good. I was worrying for a moment there lol.

What does blue style mean?

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    That is a good question because I have no idea what a blue style is either:). Been a long day lol. Post edited.

I can't speak for all the combos, but I know that Undead Rogues were preferred for their racial abilities. In fact, the Undead had some of the best racials for years. Undead priests were also pretty numerous.

5. Rantzr

Credit:
    Oh I know what you mean, I had one of those days yesterday, lol.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it an old friend of mine loved the Undead and has an Undead Rogue, and Undead Priest lol.

6. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Some of the racials for many of the different races can be especially useful for particular classes, sure.

Undead and Tauren make great warriors as undead are resistant to sleep/charm (and have a “break free ability.) and Tuaren are very difficult to stun, have extra health, and come along with a foot stomp. Gnomes are very good for Warlocks and Mages due to their int buff; but they also make quite funny rogue characters because they have a root-escape ability. Orcs make slightly better hunters and warlocks because their pets receive a control buff.

Most players who are not end-game raiders or theorycrafters generally go after racials because it makes the game easier for them or it’s something they want out of the gameplay. However, many of those racials I noted above are fitting for PvP or for specific roles such as acting as a Main Tank in raids.

If the expansions are installed then thou’ll receive access to the various expansion races like blood elves, draenei, goblins, and worgen even if the game is confused and says they’re not available; of course, also after getting a character high enough level the Death Knight race/class will become available (if it’s not from the get-go yet.)

I cannot speak to servers, the best way to tell what’s a good one to play on is to go into the WoW forums and look at their forum. People will have a particular personality on that server and it will spill over. Also look at where PvP, Penny-Arcade, the Goons, and other large forum groups play in the game, what giant guilds reside on a server will also change the culture there.

Looking forward to playing in Mists of Pandaria?

7. Rantzr

Credit:
    The reason I'm going for the racials is for the game to be a little easier on me actually. I thought it would also be neat to have the most I could out of each class. I'll try the WoW forums a little later, or even tomorrow about that. I really really wanna play Mist of Pandaria but I don't think I'll be getting it for awhile to be honest. Its gonna take me some time to level all my toons to the max anyways. Are you looking forward to Mists of Pandaria?

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    For once, I may not return to WoW for an expansion. Will likely either keep playing RaiderZ or try Guild Wars 2.

9. Feracias

Feracias BamBam

Credit:
    ^False, a few days ago (i even think the day before your post) blizzard made all the races available to play on accounts without the expansion, people using a trial account can now also play a goblin/worgen.

10. Rantzr

Credit:
    I hope I have the expansions, I bought them lol. Will Pandaren be free to use as well without needing the MoP?

Edit: If anyone could recommend two classes that would work well together that would be awesome. I'm gonna be questing in a duo for awhile and it would be pretty helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
  11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Not true any more is more like it. It used to be that way for years:).

I would contact their support, Enabled.

I used a warrior/rogue combo for a while:).

12. Rantzr

Credit:
    I already have about another problem, they sure do take awhile on everything. Its been 3 days now lol.

13. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    wows support was better when it was still new. gnomes mages are good for pvp because they are so small

14. Rantzr

Credit:
    I got a reply yesterday about my issue. Kinda disappointing it took that long, but its better than not getting an answer at all :D

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Very true:). How have you enjoyed the game?

16. Rantzr

Credit:
    Amazing! Made a Worgen Rogue (Lv. 15), Draenei Priest (Lv. 11), Goblin Hunter (Lv. 16), and a few others not mentioning yet lol. The game has a lot to do, and pretty entertaining. It just so happened I picked a very high populated server which sucks, but what can you do? Lol.

17. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Which toon do you like the best?

18. Rantzr

Credit:
    I like my Orc Warrior a lot, but without a group it gets pretty dull. My Worgen Rogue is a blast, and my first Rogue type I've ever played, but I play that only when my friend is on (which is never now :(). Hands down thou, Goblin Hunter. Really easy to solo with, fun to PvP with, 1min bank summon, rocket boots, its just everything I love lol. I haven't played seriously in awhile, I got on the first two days of Brewfest and haven't been on since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.