1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an Open World Action MMO

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by r1p00pk, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r1p00pk

r1p00pk Little Spike

Credit:
    im talking about games like dragon nest except not dungeon based/Instance based or games like DC universe online. Im really tired of having to go through the same instance multiple times in dragon nest to complete different quests that require me to do the same thing over and over again. Its repetetive and boring. Dc universe was good but i practically milked the game dry by almost getting all skill points.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Action MMOs are just now starting to pick up steam, not a whole lot of them atm. I'd suggest giving RaiderZ a try. By not dungeon based I'd assume you mean not a ton of instances? Or do you mean the setting, as in you don't want sword/magic type setting?

3. r1p00pk

r1p00pk Little Spike

Credit:
    i meant not alot of instances :D with it being more of an open world. I like seeing other people fighting monsters too. I dislike the idea of having a game so instance based where you cant even do quests just outside in an open feild with a bunch of monsters you can kill and with other players trying to do the same.

the repetetiveness of instances is what kills me. Thats why i like DC universe, you did the instance for a quest and thats it. It's an open world, you could kill people from the other side. Its a big map with two different places, gotham and metropolis etc.

Dragon nest had the action but the repetiveness of having to go inside the same instance over and over again because a different quest asks you to grab or kill something in the same instance is annoying and boring.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Ok, you'll probably find a lot of Action MMO's out right now have a lot of instances, probably due to Companies still trying to figure out how to best do real-time combat with 1000's of players. Games like Vindictus and Rusty Hearts are prime examples of good Action MMO's but aren't really open world.

Other than RaiderZ and DCUO, I'd say Tera however it's Pay 2 Play. APB, it's like GTA (if you've ever played that)... I wouldn't say it's super well done but it's defiantly different. Also suggest Champions Online, it's not exactly Action Based but it has a actiony feel.

5. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Try TERA or RaiderZ, they are everything that you described in the first post. Also if u want something really similar to Dragon Nest, try Vindictus :)

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    I will agree with RaiderZ once it starts open beta testing:).

7. xXxMADoOo

xXxMADoOo BamBam

Credit:
    That's why I play 2 MMO 1) Dragon Nest 2) Knight Story...

Dragon Nest - dungeon based, 3D

Knight Story - open world, 2D

I just can't stop playing, If you know what I mean... If bored with dungeon in DN just go to Colleseum for PVP with other Players.

In KS go to Capital for PVP (BTW you can PK anywhere hahaha)...

8. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    You should look for Citadel of Sorcery the game has been in development for like 6 years but they are finally getting ready to move forward and let people in the world. Its going to offer a lot of exciting stuff like:

Over 100 people from the industry have worked on this for over eight years, and the core of this team were people with over 20 years of game making experience.

The nearly impossible end result of this is Citadel of Sorcery, nearing Alpha.

So what is so different about Citadel of Sorcery (CoS)?
    We simply chucked out all the typical elements of an MMORPG, and started from scratch. I can write about 100 pages on just what is different, but I’ll keep it to a small bullet list to save your sanity (and time).

1) Time actually moves forward, every day, in a changing world.
    2) The world is the full size of earth, 900,000,000 sq. kilometers.
    3) Every quest is the full size of an epic RPG game, taking over 14 hours to play (the equivalent of going through the entire Lord of the Rings books).
    4) Every player has a unique experience, with a personal story that evolves over time.
    5) Every quest is personally adapted to each player’ s personal story, and stitches together into a continuous story in that player’s history.
    6) Monsters never respawn.
    7) Monsters and mobs, ALL have agendas in the world, and never stand around, unless there is purpose to it (like guarding something).

There is SO much more, but to sum this game up it is the deepest game play ever attempted, set in a world so large no player can ever explore it all. Just the technology in generating a full planet, with every single tree and bush unique, and continuing to grow, is worth a story.

9. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    RaiderZ is a good pick it has everything you requested in the post

10. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    League of Legends is also nice game that I would like to recommande you :)

11. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Three action MMO's that I can recommend is Vindictus, RaiderZ and Rusty Hearts. All three of them are definitely worth trying and all of them are free too. I think that you should give them a shot if you haven't already :)

12. I would say RaiderZ, TERA, and maybe Guild Wars 2. There aren't many open-world action MMOs that I can think of.

13. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I'd suggest Elderscrolls online, there are tons of things and lands to explore in the game.

14. Jeric dion

Jeric dion DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Raider Z bro. If you dont like it. Then play Everwing xD Joke!

15. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    RaiderZ
    Tera
    Black Desert
    Aion
    Archeage

16. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Mortal Online

17. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Open world mmo game? Try Rust and Minecraft

18. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    AION , Terra Online both are open world games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.