1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for Noobs?

Discussion in 'World of Tanks' started by Rantzr, May 24, 2013.

1. Rantzr

Rantzr Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Planning on getting into WoT soon since its pretty popular here on GO. Was wondering if any Veteran players could give me some tips? And is there a clan in-game for GO players?

2. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    well there's no GO clan but nothing stops us from playing together regardless of clans, that's what platoons and tank companies are for. The only thing that could stop you is if you play on USA server, you won't be able to play with rest of us that are on the EU server. On the other hand, if play on EU server from USA, you're likely to have high ping

As for beginner tips...

Tip number 1 - WoT is a team game, there's no heroes, games are played 15 vs 15 and if you try to play a hero, well you're likely to end up as a burning tank.

Tip number 2 - Learn your tanks. The game features about 200+ tanks at the moment, and each of them has its strengths and weaknesses, if you play a tank by its strength you'll be effective. If you try to play every tank the same, you'll end up as a burning tank.

Tip 3 - do not rush through tiers. One of the worst things in this game is amount of noobs in high tier games that are not noobs cause of themselves being stupid, but rather cause them rushing to get to high tier tanks ASAP, resulting in them getting the said tanks and having no clue how to play them. So use lower tiers to learn about the game and use them well before advancing further up.

Tip 4 - if you don't buy a premium account or a high tier premium tank, keep a few tanks on tier 5 as that is the tier that earns credits best on non premium accounts. Tiers above 7th can actually lose cash in battle and without a premium account, that's actually quite a normal occurrence on the final tiers.

Tip 5 - Use WoT wiki and read this Battle Mechanics - World Of Tanks at least twice

Tip 6 - try to find an invite code before you create your account. There are several different types of invite codes, one of which even having a giveway here, each giving you either a bit of gold, a premium account for a few days and sometimes a low tier premium tank. These codes pretty much give you about 10$ worth of premium items, and are not exactly needed to play the game, but they could give you a nice headstart

that's all I could think of right now. Good luck :)

3. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    well welcome to the world of tanks world :)

nothing more to say:)Fox said it all:)

4. Rantzr

Credit:
    Awesome post! I'll be downloading the game soon :)

5. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    On which serwer will you play?

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Tip 1 - Read Fox's Post
    Tip 2 - See Tip 1

:p All I can add is as with any game jump in and have fun with it. :)

7. Rantzr

Credit:
    Haven't installed it yet, but if servers are by region than US.

Lol, very funny. I'll be re-reading Fox's post for quite some time :)

8. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    If yu want I have code for Locust which can work on US serwer. If you are interested in it give me pm. You need to use it during account creation.