1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Activity Bar Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ogreman, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, just learned this today talking to Super. You can find your posts per day under Statistics in your profile:).

2. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There are some things that I find quite weird though. Yesterday, my bar dropped from 100% to 83%, even though I've posted a bit for a while now. It's slowly getting higher again, even though I'm doing the exact same thing I did before the bar dropped lol.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    All I can really say is it's figuring back 21 days, so right now it's figuring in every day back to 11-19-2013. Usually the drop is from losing a big posting day so your average when recalculated is lower. Looking at your post history the 18th you had 4 posts and the 17th you had 1, so losing them shouldn't of done this especially when your posting history looks pretty good for the last 3 weeks. Looks like the 19th was a big posting day for you, it'll be interesting to see if it drops at all again tomorrow.

So basically I don't know what is going on xD Other than it not using the default 21 days like we think... I do have a theory, it's a known issue of the activity bar that is doesn't seem to recalculate until you login... I'd assume this is done to reduce work as otherwise it would have to recalculate 80k+ members everyday. This however seems to freeze people in place on the activity board if they leave as shown here, notice how some people listed quite high here haven't been on in a while:

GameOgre.com Free MMORPG Forums - Ranking

Now I'm not sure it takes these people into account... it shouldn't as it clearly states it's looking at the last 21 days but *if* they are being accounted for and in a frozen state ... I count 3 in a frozen state in the top 10 which it gets it's base line from... combining them with the 7 legit members (Keller and Cartoon in particular have been posting a lot lately) to make a high average. It's all speculation though, I will see if Ogreman can unfreeze at least the banned people... it has to be possible otherwise people like Fox would still be up the list right now.

All n all it's the activity bar, a bar of great mystery that always seems to have a new surprise up it's sleeve. xD

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sorry, double post... wanna get it down before I lose it xD

Further evidence for my theory. Egzekutorrrr currently is ranked number one in activity and has the medal despite not being on in 3 weeks. We already know it tie breaks the 99%ers using post's per-day... when Egzekutorrrr left I'm sure his per-day count was above Polan who is second.

Thanks to the Forums own separate count, we know in the 3 weeks since Egzekutorrrr left his posts per-day has dropped to 7.51 however the Activity system is still ranking him higher than Polan who's average is 19.25. This suggest the Activity system is at least still seeing and his ranking suggests counting Egzekutorrrr in his last active state which means the system is counting him somewhere 19.26 post per-day and up.

So it seems the issue is the average it's figuring against is just quite high right now thanks to some unintended circumstances.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, I can get the system to ignore the members that do not deserve to be there. Just tell me there name. Hopefully, that will help:).

6. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    erp my bar just sank after being almost full when i logged on tonight :(

7. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well, that was probably because you have been away for a while. At least not as active as you were. So when you log in, obviously it drops :p

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    ^ indeed, there is a delay from when you log in and when it refigures (it could wait until you earn points or something), this is why you seen it almost full when you first logged in. It also doesn't calculate while you're offline, so if you miss a chunk of time it can be a large jump.

9. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    the delay from when you log in and when it refigures is in minute?

10. Aaddron

Credit:
    I don't know how long it is. It could be a specific amount of time or it could just wait until you gain a point or maybe it waits until you make a post/create a thread/do anything other than view the forum. It's not very long though.

11. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yes longer intervals between loggiing in hurt the most :(

12. littlejoe

littlejoe MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    So just log in every day for a few minutes :)

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    That wouldn't help, it's looking at these actions:

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    No, Little Joe, it is about posts per day. If you have not posted much your bar will drop. Just look at the Chat Monster's bar. Based on time spent on the site, he would probably be a leader. However, his bar is nil because he rarely posts.

Considering to stick this thread.

15. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I say stick this thread!

16. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Im pretty sure im keeping above my average post count but the bar keeps dropping :(

17. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's not looking at your average, it's comparing your post count/visitormessages/group discussion/Blog entries average for the last 21 days vs the average of the 10 most active users. :)

18. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ohh okay that makes sense!

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    How did you get it that exact, Aaddron? Also, thought it was posts only all this time lol.

20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pure found this a while back, directly from the developer on plugins homepage:

It's a given post count is looked at and thanks to them spammers a while back we know visitor messages are too so it would seem likely the rest is correct as well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.