1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

google translate as proxy

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by shugo, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So I just discovered something by accident when i watched this video by Nixie Pixel.

proxy

yeah I know what you thinking, boobtube
    ...anyhow...

But something dawned on me. Some guy has been posing as an italian, though he's a probably an american trying to hide the fact that he had a second account on my online game site.

Does anyone know the IP address(es) of google translate?

So you know I can put that IP in the "orange section", as in warning suspicious login, possible multi

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I like Nixie Pixel compared to most of "boobtube" xD She seems to at least mostly know what she's talking about vs someone who's clearly hired to look pretty while reading a script.

I have no idea how to find that information, maybe this works?

translate.google.com - Website IP Address

3. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Google translate proxying to a french ip checker site returns 66.249.85.94, a russian one in a different tab returned 66.249.85.239, so presumably the 66.249.85.xxx group.

4. shugo

Credit:
    ah an IP range, I can work with that

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  5. shugo

Credit:
    I didn't know her until two months ago. She does seem to know the stuff she's talking about, unlike some other youtubers. Though she also talks a lot about sociology, but then she probably studied that in college or something.
    Despite that she is good. Heck she even defeats some guys on this subject. I know of some marketing guy on youtube that talks a lot about PC stuff and internet and websites and all and I just laugh at that, because he's totally clueless. I've seen him saying that keywords don't matter anymore in SEO, which is so not true. She does her research, OK she forgets some stuff, but she doesn't slip up. I have yet to see her say anything that is completely false and in my book that means you're ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Indeed, first found out about her videos through the linux community... more specifically linux distro reviews. They aren't half bad either. It's always nice male or female to have someone on the video that actually knows what they are talking about. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.