1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Borderlands (Gearbox Software)

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by tredflight, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    I'm a big shooter fan, MMO fan, rpg fan and a fan of a lot of other game genres. When I heard that Gearbox were doing this particular game (Borderlands) I was pretty interested. Then they rolled it out at E3 last year and it was good, but kind of generic looking...now this year they rolled it out with a brand new art style.

I'll let Randy explain it better than I can.

Borderlands Video Game, E3 09: President Interview | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

So it's going to fill my online co-op rpg/shooter itch and the idea of not only just procedurally generated guns, items and equipment, but having a customisable character in terms of skill trees and so on, appeals to me. Being able to play this with up to 3 friends and keep your character between sp and mp is a big thing.

It has also got custom vehicle stuff and a host of other features. Procedurally generated monster mobs, where mob memebrs are also created randomly in terms of stats/appearance.

It could be one seriously great open-world, rpg/shooter game.

You can also play it locally.

2. insanespoon

insanespoon DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    This is my most anitcipated game of the holiday season dude!

3. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Yeah, I think it's definitely on a GotY potential as well. I keep on trying to find more footage, more interviews and more of everything with it...I just can't get enough. I think between this, Conviction, Assassin's Creed 2, Batman AA and APB (eventually)...

I'll be in some kind of gaming Nirvana.

4. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    OMG I really want this game

5. insanespoon

Credit:
    Both of us man, both of us.

6. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Hmm, out of the 4 characters that are going to be in Borderlands, insanespoon, which one are you most drawn towards?

Rolland (Roland?)
    Lilith
    Mordecai
    Brick

I think for me it's a toss up between Lilith and Mordecai. I like the sound of the pet you can power up. Lilith's phase-walk ability sounds cool.

7. insanespoon

Credit:
    probably Roland or Mordecai. They just fit the style of character I usually play.

8. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Sounds good. I'm usually into the support roles and I'm fond of engaging the enemy from a distance. I always used to play Hawk or Flint in that Xbox game: Brute Force.

9. insanespoon

Credit:
    I played that too. In any game I like playing the up front damage dealer or the sniper.

10. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Brick sounds pretty awesome as an up-front damage dealer, but he's close-combat, so I'm not sure. Then again, I have a feeling all 4 will offer some unique replay value for the game as a whole.

11. insanespoon

Credit:
    I've seen Brick and I don't like being the tank in any game. I've always been for being the damage dealer.

12. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    I'm not sure what the deal with Brick is at the moment, he looks part tank and part damage dealer (aka Beserker power). I am so totally with you on being the damage dealer, usually at range like I said. There's something about snipers I love.

13. insanespoon

Credit:
    He looks like a damage sponge to me. probably gonna roll Roland I've heard he has a pack that gives him infinite ammo.

14. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Yeah, I think he does. I know something about a gun turret and shield too, so that sounds interesting. I should see if I can hook a buddy of mine on over here, he's big on Borderlands (as well as other games).

I'd love to see some more gameplay footage now, especially of the game's co-op and some skill-tree stuff. I think it's a bit too early yet though. I hound Gametrailers each day hoping it'll turn up.

15. insanespoon

Credit:
    Lol yeah we could start the borderlands fan club group! I don't think there is going to be any new footage for some time. I heard there might be a demo though. are you going to get it for Xbox PS3 or PC?

16. insanespoon

Credit:
    I just made the borderlands group. If you want to join it look it up.

17. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Borderlands group? Count me in!!!

Hmm, I might get it for the PC. I know a few of my buddies who are going to go for 360. So I may do what I did with L4D, grab the PC and console versions to play with the different gamer groups.

You?

18. insanespoon

Credit:
    My computer is utter crap so definitely Xbox 360. I have the ps3 but it's better for single player games like Fallout.

19. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Yeah, the 360 seems one of the better console options for a lot of stuff like online gaming. I was watching an interview with Mikey Nueman (sp?) yesterday from a link on the official forums. He said the game will clock about 100 hours of play if we do everything. That's some gameplay!

Also, have you heard about their idea of fishing, lol?

20. insanespoon

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.