1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Single Player RPGs' started by Aaddron, Oct 22, 2008.

Will Fallout 3 live up to the hype?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. FightOYoLife

FightOYoLife Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    No prob, glad you liked it! But that's the weird thing, I'm pretty sure I did check Remeber Me, because I know how annoying that can be here, so it's like a habit... but, no worries, I got through it! As far as a pic, I am wrong that is one on the official web site. I just must not have gone there/have the hardware to make things look like that...
    Anyways, this one might be a bit more recognizable, if you want to change it, but you certainly don't need to!

[​IMG]

2. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Will you keep playing it now that you finished? It open ended like Oblivion right?

3. noodlepics

noodlepics BamBam

Credit:
    Nope, unlike Oblivion, the game has a definite end. The only way you can keep going is if you saved right before the end. The game seemed to do this for me, but I would suggest saving your game as well. There is a section where you reach a "point of no return" where all you can do is finish the game.

It's clever in a way, because it gets people to play again with new characters. There is enough content in the game that you can almost always find something new whenever you play it. I'm still finding new locations and scenarios, like... just yesterday I was wandering around in the wastelands and I found a couple Ghouls arguing with 2 wastelanders over a fridge with some Purified Water in it. I helped the wastelanders kill the ghouls and then coerced them into giving me half of the water.

They weren't too thrilled that I took their water though, and were acting a bit snooty, so I ended up shooting them in the face anyway.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Congrats, Fight. Your Fallout 3 review nabbed Review of the Week:).

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Congrats and great review.

6. FightOYoLife

FightOYoLife Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Yay, thanks!

In answer to Buzz and to complement Noodle, yeah definite end. I probably will go back and play through several more times, I played through both FO1 and FO2 like 4 to 5 times each. The thing about these games is it's such a different game when you play a good guy, a bad guy or even a neutral guy/girl.

Noodle, I found that place too. Funny thing was, I didn't realize what was going on until the settlers were dead and only the gouls were left. After talking to one of them, the other one jumped me and I blew off both of their heads ;) (and that's quite literal and cinematic in this game!). So I ended up giving the water to Mickey at Megaton (think that was the guy's name...).

Good stuff!

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Bethesda has announced a minim of the three add-ons are scheduled to launch in January, February, and March of next year, and have not yet been priced.

These are 3 of the confirmed add-ons:

[***WARNING: Spoilers below!***]

The first Fallout 3 add-on will be Operation: Anchorage, which lets players re-create a massive battle between American and Chinese forces in Alaska. Though details were thin, Bethesda said that this feat is accomplished via "military simulator," presumably something similar to the Matrix-meets-Mad Men virtual reality in the mission "Tranquility Lane."

The second installment of DLC is titled "The Pitt," and takes place in the raider city that sprung up from the ruins of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Players will be forced to side with a faction in an unnamed conflict plaguing the town, details about which were not released.

The third expansion, Broken Steel, has players join the benevolent, knightlike Brotherhood of Steel to track down the remnants of the nefarious patriotic pretenders known as The Enclave. It extends the main storyline beyond the climactic battle in the mission "Take It Back," after which the game ends. When queried, Bethesda declined to explain whether or not players will be able to use their last save prior to finishing "Take It Back," requiring them to re-finish the mission.

[***Spoilers end***]

I like the way these sounds.:)

8. MMOMajor

MMOMajor Club Swinger

Credit:
    Fallout

i think that it will live up.Fallout 2 was an EPIC PHAIL!!!! so i think it will especially with its new VATS system.:)

9. quickbot

quickbot BamBam

Credit:
    So give it a try and get fallout 3? Cos atm im thinking of trying it out...but

10. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I enjoyed Fallout 3 alot the only problem was that the game itself false addvertises that it is a free roaming world, when you cant go everywhere do to invisible walls in every zone. Three dogs(the ingame DJ) type of music is pretty lame, and eventhough the type is lame, the DEVS should've gave Three Dog a bigger playlist then just the same 5 songs over and over.

I wish there was more to the game then just level 30, and it would've been nice if we where able to choose between either a Enclave faction quest chain aswell as a Brotherhood of Steel faction quest chains. Instead of the game letting us join the Brotherhood of Steel only. Or hell, even an Outcast quest chain would've been nice. That would've gave us three Factions to choose from to join and also being the Lone Wanderer. (Vault Dweller)

Despite the bads it is still a pretty good game if you just want something to play to waste sometime.

11. djtedo

djtedo BamBam

Credit:
    im not into Fallout 3 i prefer Mass Effect

12. masteredsoftware

masteredsoftware BamBam

Credit:
    I played Fallout 3 way too long, great game!

I picked up the Platnum pack or whatever it was called a while back that has all the expansions, and they were pretty engrossing as well, my favorite was the alien one where you go onto their spaceship, it had a very half-life feel.

13. gaming4fun

gaming4fun Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Fallout 3 is super game...but Fallout New Vegas is GREAT game...i play every day..:)

14. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  15. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  16. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  17. Jonyka

Jonyka Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Verry good game

18. cofyz

cofyz Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Very nice game :D

19. bloga99

bloga99 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Whoa a thread from way way back. It lived up to the hype in my opinion, it's not my style of game but game wise it was sound. I also find this funny, back in 2008 I said:

Fast Forward 6 years and we kinda sorta have that in the form of The Elder Scrolls Online. It's not directly by Bethesda so it's kinda a technically but seeing how long it took ZeniMax and the end product being well mediocre in my opinion... I take back what I said, I don't want to see Bethesda throw it's name away to make yet another generic MMORPG. Just please stick with the single player games, possibly add open world multiplayer too it and call it good... would be a heck of a lot better than ESO still.