1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape vs. Free Realms

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Dec 4, 2009.

Which MMORPG is better?

1. RuneScape

35 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. Free Realms

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shira

Shira BamBam

Credit:
    RuneScape is made from the UK and yet you hate it.
    FreeRealms is made in the US and you like it.

2. drake1980

drake1980 Ogre Newling

Credit:

Umm yea so when did it matter where the games was made ? I honestly didnt read anyone saying they liked it or hated it cause such and such country made it.

Really it dosen't really matter if freerealms won this or not the only place on the whole freerealms people even got to see anything related to this voteing thing was on the forums board and not evey player could accualy see it ( becasue anyone under 13 can not go to the forums to read posts there. ) But still FreeRealms has more potetual than runescape dose.

Not to mention the person that said that the free stuff in runescape will either eventualy drive you into paying or leaving is right on the marker, I mean seriously the free area is still the same as its been since the game been in beta and live. Not to mention yes its true freerealms whole outlook on making jobs for players who come in after nov 1st and make charaters or if a free player deletes and remakes a charater now gets stuck with the whole job sampleing route, But chances are good in due time this will probly change anyways.

Whats really upsetting is there is one review for freerealms and the person who voted like 4 its clearly is a review of someone who just probly took a look or came in and left right after casue nothing to do and just like every other mmo game lol, I mean think about it if I said this also abotu runescape being like every other mmo game I would clearly be or havent clearly played it then, but just like freerealms runescape is also not just like any mmo game out there. But sorry to say this freerealms is just more fun for me than runescape is, I like how they did the mining and alot of the jobs for cooking and such you don't just sit there and wait you play a mini game to do these things, sorry the whole waiting and watching a charater mine isnt fun, and worse of all if you though having to watch for explodeing rocks was bad or your pick head falling off the pickaxe ( the whole pick head falling off is accualy a nice idea though ) you sometimes get this random event of some thing warping you to some place and if you dont have alot of time to be mining and needing to get stuff having this happen makes one kinda upset they have to waste time they could have used to mine. Also should note that in runescape in thier mini games how many of the games are not pvp based? Nothing wrong with pvp but really not eveyone wants to play pvp based mini games ( and meaning other than chess or checkers seeing those are comming mini games in almost most games even UO had chess and checkers boards. )

But ayhow seeing runescape won gratz even though I honesly dont think the reviewing was fair, at least when i voted for runescape I at least game as good of a reason why I voted what I did and used my personal experiance of the game on that vote, heck I even admited it had its good points too. But its all good casue not like I am gonna just stop playing freerealms just becasue of this lol, also for everyone infomation the game is for all ages, sorry if you think getting to cuss or other things makes a game more adult, honestly cussing makes people look more immature than grown up ( oh not to mention runescape dosent let you cuss either casue its in their rules. )

Anywho oh well I am accualy very excited that freerealms is getting a nice update comming really soon for housing and redo on combat as well as getting fishing and other nice stuff in, so gratz runescape even though I honesly dont agree with how the voteing turned out on the whole reviews pages.

3. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Wow, this is surprising. I thought for sure that Free Realms would win:(. Chalk one up for the oldies.

4. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    DAMN, I was going to compose an argument against Shira's comment, but then Drake gets there ahead of me and composes an essay against Shira's comment lol

5. Shira

Shira BamBam

Credit:
    I don't understand "you". Probably because you have run-on sentences, hehe.

6. drake1980

drake1980 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Well thats your problem not mine :D

I think the real reason you don't understand " ME " is becasue what I posted was right. Also I even feel really dumb now that I even went to make an explanation on your whole how people dont like runescape casue its made in the UK. Honestly stop being such a ( forgets what the word is for people who are prejuduce on people of other nations, casue I am simple minded like that ) its not that people don't like runescape becasue its a UK made game, people don't like it becasue it gets boaring, not to mention most people are there for pvp anyways becasue there isnt much other things to do ( sorry most of the mini games I seen are pvp based still counts as pvp. )* Noteing again I know there is crafting stuff, but they also get boaring too.

Anyways I am done lol, so have fun in Runescape.

* Another note that the statement on stop being about the prejuduce against other nations thing dosent say your really that way but what you did type about the subject makes it sound that way, reason added this note is becasue I want to make sure anyone reading knows that I am not saying you are but just saying the whole Runescape made in UK you hate it and FreeRealms made in US you like it sounds on the lines of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
  7. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    free realms losing shocks me!

as far countries, it doesnt matter where a game is made as long as its good. the only exception is stupid ip blocking.

8. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I bet Free realms will win next year. I don't see how RuneScape can keep winning against better games.

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    He's got all my predictions in the right places :p

10. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Free Realms lies about being browser based...you have to download it...

11. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    It is a small download though, and you have to download and start it in the browser, and bits of the game download as you explore the world.

12. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    free realms is a hybrid browser game :p.

13. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I suppose you could say that :)

14. 55alyssa

55alyssa Ogre Newling

Credit:
    rs is best free relms looks like a child game on rs it looks more 8-20 but maby a granny is playing rs so wat my opinon is rs better

15. 55alyssa

55alyssa Ogre Newling

Credit:
    rs is better once i played omost a with no stop but then i heard about randon events and holiday events so
    i started to play rs :) fun fun fun

if u thank rsis better tell me !!

16. Koolness

Koolness Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Rs vs ...

Well, I have no idea what Real Realms is as it's the first time I've heard of this game so I'll have to try it out, but to beat RuneScape it has to be something very special. The reason why RuneScape doesn't get many good reviews is because the real gameplay starts at a higher level, after around 80 hours of gameplay, and most reviewers play the game for a day or so and rate the game by that.

I guess RuneScape is mostly for hardcore gamers and doesn't suit a casual gamer, which most reviewers will be to RuneScape. But Jagex are making it so that the casual gamer can enjoy too by making the game easier to play and understand at a lower level so the best of this game might be yet to come.

My vote goes to RuneScape, if you didn't catch that.

17. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
  18. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  19. Freerealmsfan8834

Freerealmsfan8834 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    1.Runescape has bad graphics.
    2.Runescape you just fight.
    3.Free realms theres social,fighting,decorating,exploring,cool activities,and have fun!
    4.Runescape theres some glitches and hackers and it looks like it has a virus!

FREE REALMS IS WAY BETTER THAN RUNESCAPE!!!!!!!:)

Free Realms is way better than runescape!!Free realms is like the real world!!And runescape is just fighting and doing these boring quest.Free realms you can play sports,fight,social,and have fun,explore,and more!And runescape,fight,do quest,fight bosses. And thats all!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.