1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Nowuknow25, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, the second contest is over now:). We may have another one soon.

3. violess

violess BamBam

Credit:

:-( to late for me ;-(

But its nice to see so many Sites about Marvel Heroes. This Game is so cool an makes a lot fun.

--> just a bit about my fav hero. ( i missed the contests :-( but i want to share my thoughts with you ) It´s Iron Man.
    Cuz he could have everything he wants with his money, but he´s using his own created power to protect the helpless. This is an act of a real Hero.

I would be very grateful if you have annother Key, it would be awesome.
    But I want to say one last thing, Go on with you´re Site! Marvel Heroes needs this to go bigger and bigger. For all the Marvel Fans out there! :)

E: sorry for my bad english, I´m from Germany and I had just a small teach for this language :-(

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    We may open up the regular Giveaway and finish up with reviews or articles for keys:).

It was not fun watching 500 codes evaporating in an hour or so late at night during the automated Giveaway lol. Could not even see who got them. The articles and reviews have kept it under control while giving the game a much better presence here:).

5. violess

violess BamBam

Credit:
    hehe :)

can you tell me when the next giveaway starts approximately? It´s dificult for People like me in Germany to get such a key, cuz the giveaways are mostly deep in the night at our time. :-(

6. DarthDetails

DarthDetails Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I love the graphical output and gameplay of Marvel Heroes. The clicky clicky boom TREASURE as I beat down some of my favorite Supervillians with my favorite Super Heroes is excellent! I really enjoy discovering the way the different heroes abilities interact with the enemies, and there are so many different heroes!

I thought the game was fun with my old laptop, but I bought a new one with a way better graphics card (went from a 220M to 860M), and I can't tell if my eyeballs are burning or just trying to pop out of my head to eat the graphic yumminess.

7. violess

violess BamBam

Credit:
    just like me, i bought an new one too :p

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Unfortunately, second codes are already becoming a problem in this Giveaway.

How do you get a second code? If there is a reason for it, would prefer a PM followed by a great article. Not a standard one just to get a code, but a really good one. Otherwise, there will be too many trying to get more and people who need a first code may miss out as a result.

Besides, some of the ones who get more don't seem to know about the only one code per account rule:).

9. DarthDetails

DarthDetails Ogre Newling

Credit:
    @Ogreman - I really appreciate the fun articles on this site, and while I was drawn to your site by the giveaway, I have found a lot of enjoyment today writing and reading the articles. Thanks for having the creative way to get codes, and not just the mad dash to log in to some random site or give a Facebook like.

10. mikesmith

mikesmith Ogre Newling

Credit:
    hello i was just wondering if the giveaway was ended...just curious but i did enjoy talking about my favorite hero in game and reading everyone elses if it isnt over ty for the codes and if it is and i missed it still ty for doin it in the first place =D

11. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  12. mikesmith

mikesmith Ogre Newling

Credit:
  13. mikesmith

mikesmith Ogre Newling

Credit:
    ok soo im kinda curious for all thoes that got ur codes last night what heroes u guys get =D

14. Eromon

Eromon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    This is an issue I wish would get fixed. Some people can run it just fine but others can't. There was a time frame that I could play without lag but then a recent patch went through and brought the lag back. It's a shame because it's a great game. I'll remain hopeful the next patch will fix it.
    I played WoW for years and honestly didn't think I'd ever find a replacement for it but I really do enjoy Marvel Heroes. It has a good Community and Dev interaction which is quite refreshing.
    I enjoyed browsing through the Giveaway posts here because of the different views from players on their favorite characters. That's the nice thing about it, there's a wide range of heroes to fit everyone's likes. What is truly awesome is when you find you like a certain hero you never thought you would.:pleased:

Edit: I forgot to add what hero I got from the code giveaway! It was Human Torch. Thanks again for the giveaway!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  15. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Awesome! Human Torch is a cool character.

I'm hopeful it will improve as well, I can't really blame them as my computer is just old but at the same time it kinda annoys me a level based game runs so poorly. It's usually the big open world games that have issues like this, it's kinda odd. All games aren't created equal though, crossing my fingers it gets better.

16. Eromon

Eromon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Funny thing is, I've seen players complain about performance who have topnotch computers. I know they're working on it though so I'm crossing my fingers as well.

I was thinking about suggestions for giveaways and I wanted to comment, not on what you give away but how. I've participated in a few giveaways in the past and I've never witnessed the recent chaos that happened to several gaming sites during MH Anniversary Random Hero Box Giveaways. The simple fact is, there were people who abused it big time.

Some gaming sites like you GameOgre, took it on the chin and came back to give out more codes involving a different format and I applaud you for that. Having people write reviews and post topics about their favorite hero was smart and enjoyable to write and read. So, I would say to continue down that creative road for the future. Hopefully, it will mean less headache and more reward for everyone. :2thumbsup:

17. transitpass

transitpass Ogre Newling

Credit:
    even for the people who it does run well for, they still have to turn off other players spell effects which stinks. All you see is other heroes running around making funny gestures.

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Thanks, Eromon. It is always good to see stuff like that. Of course, there was probably nothing positive like that on Reddit lol.

Yes, we have more fun with this method and it provides more value. The giving away of 500 codes so fast just to meet demand when the server is acting up and then all the fallout was definitely not fun at all. However, we recovered from that "taking it on the chin" pretty well under the circumstances:).

19. codesforme

codesforme Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My main is rocket raccoon with pet summoner build. Love setting up turrents and summoning pets to take stuff down.

20. loSAINTol

loSAINTol Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Started with Colossus

My favorite heros tend to be tanks. Colossus is not exactly what I expected but with the Team ups a whole new avenue opened up for me. I like having someone to send in and be the decoy. I get to just go in and do damage! Although I have only been playing MH for a few weeks... I have to say that the community is chill which is nice. The gameplay is fun (addicting), and seeing what they have coming down the line is exciting! Looking forward to seeing alot more on here too!