1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

hoarding in minecraft

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Glorious, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Glorious

Glorious DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    im just wondering here, am i the only one that has a hard time parting with items in minecraft? and i mean ANY items, somehow i even keep at least a double chest of cobblestone every time i play even if i am never going to use it. i have a feeling that minecraft brings out the hoarder in people.

right now, on the server i am playing, i have gathered a vast amount of junk that i am 95% sure i will never use and i still made a special storage area where i would keep them.

do you find yourself hoarding items when playing minecraft?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    NO!... well maybe... OK! FINE! I may or may not have a problem...

I'm pretty much the same, I feel up my chests... make new ones... wonder why I have 3 stacks of rotten flesh etc. It's a curse I tell ya, but don't worry someday that useless junk might be good for something and then we are golden... ok probably not but it sounds good on paper no?

3. Glorious

Credit:
    hahah, when you have mods installed, you find some uses for the rotten flash (with thaumcraft you can make candles out of it), but then again, every mod gives you more random junk you keep hoarding, i have no idea what i have in my chests anymore!
    while exploring dungeons i come across some gold/ironwood/steel leaf armor, im 100% sure i am never going to use them, and there they are, 10 sets of steal leaf armor sitting in one of the chests (they are from twilight forest mod).

the oddest thing is...the hoarding thing kinda makes minecraft fun for me...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    I need to play more mods, don't use them enough... so many cool ones but as you said it can just make the problem worse. That said I tend to agree, it's pretty nice coming back to your base and seeing all the chests full of stuff. It feels like progress.

5. Glorious

Credit:
    too many mods, the main problem i got is that i cant hold a server loaded with mods and play at the same time without horrid lags. minecraft is apparently the most RAM demanding game i have on my computer.
    anywho, i think the most interesting mods are the twilight forest (a really pretty new world with lots of dungeons and bosses to explore and fight), thaumcraft 4 (adds magic, but not just random magic wands to shot fireballs out of, it adds a magic system with sooo much depth), and metallurgy combined with thinker's construct (together they make simple things like making a pickaxe so enjoyable, as you have to make a large furnace and smelt the material and then pour it out into casts).
    thanks to thaumcraft, i got about ~50 jars of liquid magic all around my home...speaking of which, i could post some screenshots somewhere...

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    For sure, Minecraft loves it's RAM. Mods tend to make it even worse x.x Go for it, always nice looking at what people have done in Minecraft.

7. Glorious

Credit:
    i notice people making new threads for their work even thou there is a thread for screenshots (but commenting is not allowed there). should i make a new thread for my screenshots if i want to hear comments then?​

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yup, screenshots thread is a view only type deal. If you want feedback and stuff then creating a thread is fine.

9. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah have same problem :(

10. Glorious

Credit:
    at least you know you're not alone​

11. I do tend to hoard a bunch of valuable items like a chest-full of diamonds, food, supplies, and other stuff, even though I don't use them all. It mostly makes me feel proud for hoarding them.

12. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I do hoard a lot of items to my storage chests and good example are dirt blocks, yeah dirt blocks.
    I have almost 2 big chests full of dirt on one of my worlds. I do have a lot of useful items too and i don't even use all of them, they are mostly there just be amazed by.

13. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I have lots of trash items but I have a special place for them, lava pit. Jk I have an underground storage room full of junks