1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Open Debate: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by ogreman, Jan 8, 2010.

Which is the better console?

1. Xbox 360

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

27 vote(s)
    54.0%
  1. Fm Radish

Fm Radish Club Swinger

Credit:
    I'm siding with Microsoft.

The only con I can see in the xBox is paying for live. And the RROD, but it's usually a fairly easy do-it-yourself job.

2. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well you guys have changed my mind xD i would buy a Ps3 if i had the money now xD

3. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Yes, but any reason it is better than PS3 in your opinion, FM Radish? It is a debate...

You can't just say that there is only one con about it, and then not compare it to the PS3.

4. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    PS3 > Xbox 360

The 360 came out first but failed to take full advantage like the PS2 did. The PS3 has Blu-ray and the better online service of the two imo.

5. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Does this debate have and end or is it forever?

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    We can end it now or set a date to end it. What does everybody prefer?

7. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    WELL I guess its pretty obvious who is gonna win :)

8. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Now, it's been going for far too long.

9. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I think it should just go on forever, I mean it's not really a debate that can just end, everyone is gonna have a different opinion. Console debates are always going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  10. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Is there a reason for it to end?

11. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    No, but... well... alright, it can go on. This generation of consoles is probably going to last for some more years anyway.

12. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I give Playstation 3 my vote, Although I own an Xbox 360. Lmao. Why cause after I purchased my Xbox 360, and a week later, I found out the PS3 has free online gaming and Xbox you need to pay for online gaming..

If I could turn back time I would have gotten the PS3 instead.

Edit: and alot of other things I would have changed. :thinking2:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
  13. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    You should always prepare before spending lots of money like that. Are there alternatives? Are they cheaper etc.

Yeah, the free online is one of the big factors I like PSN more. Because it doesn't force you to pay to play multiplayer with other people.

14. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    IMO, the PS3 won.

15. 7kyro

7kyro BamBam

Credit:
    ps3, but i dont own either

16. dezza07

dezza07 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The xbox 360 is way better than the ps3,

There are an amazing selection of games for the Xbox 360 and the exclusive titles are some of the best. The Halo, Forza and Gears of War series are not available on the PS3 and probably never will be.

Despite the fact that PS3 online pay is free, it doesn't even come close to the gaming experience that you get on Xbox Live. You may have to pay up to £40 a year to join Xbox Live but that's just over £3 a month for a quality online gaming experience and a community that is far better than Sony can offer on the PSN.

Another plus to buying an Xbox 360 is the controller, this isn't a massive plus point, but if you're going to be playing your console may as well do it in maximum comfort. The Xbox 360 controller is both ergonomic and comfortable to use, whereas the PS3 controller is small and cramped.

This is another XBox 360 only handy little features. If you want to take your saved data or your profile to a friend's house or just to another console in your house, you can buy small plugin memory units that you can save your profile and your game saves. This means that you don't have to take your hard drive.

Windows Media Connect is possibly one of the best features that the Xbox 360 has to offer. Media Connect allows you to stream music, videos and pictures from your PC onto your Xbox allowing you to view/listen to them through the Xbox and a TV. This makes it easier for you to watch a movie on your downstairs TV if the PC is upstairs. Also for entertaining purposes this is a really handy feature.

One of the newest additions to Xbox Live is Sky TV integration, this allows you to view Sky content on your Xbox 360. So if you're thinking about signing up for Sky TV just for movies, or if you want Sky but can't install a dish for whatever reason, this may just seal the deal. Viewing Sky through the Xbox means you do not need to buy a Sky box / dish, or pay for installation. Along with the addition of Sky TV, Xbox Live members now have access to Facebook and Twitter.

As Microsoft own MSN Messenger / Live Messenger, it is no surprise that the Xbox 360 now comes with MSN Messenger pre-installed. This means you can do all your instant messaging on the Xbox 360 as if you were on your PC. If you're really keen, you can even buy a mini QWERTY keyboard for your console.

Microsoft allow you to create a gamer profile, which means you can write a little bit about yourself and then allow other players see your profile on Xbox Live. You can also design a publicly viewable Avatar that can be viewed by other players online.

The price is perhaps one of the Xbox's biggest selling points. You can now pick up an Xbox 360 for less than a Nintendo Wii, in fact the Arcade version has been seen for less than £110. Baring in mind the Xbox 360 is a full HD console and is now the cheapest console on the market, the 360 is definitely the best value console available today.

They are my reasons that the xbox is better than the ps3.

17. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    most of the reasons you said was saying about the xbox live is better hardly much about the console and there is more variaty of games on xbox because it came out before ps3 and the ps3 has also many games and its awesome

What bubly are you talking about here? the ps3 controller is not small and cramped ok maybe alittle smaller that the xboxs but its not cramped its also comfortable and i think its awesome though i do like the xboxs controller better just from where the buttons are placed not from the size of the controller.

P S 3 RULES :cheesy:

18. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I agree with people saying Xbox Live is better. I concede that Xbox Live is the superior service. However, I still think PS3 is better. Why?

PS3 is extremely good value first of all. It's about £50 more expensive than the Elite (which would be the most equivalent of the PS3, since they've got the same capacity hard drive), and about £100 more expensive than the Arcade, and comes with blu-ray. I don't think there's any blu-ray player on the market at the £50-100 price mark. Also, the online is free on PS3. With Xbox Live Silver, you don't even get to play with your friends! That's the one basic thing that I would request from any online service.

dezza has already stated many reasons why Xbox Live is better, but I think overall, the PS3 has better games. The best exclusive I see on the Xbox right now is Mass Effect 2. The best exclusives for PS3 are Uncharted and Demon's Souls. That's two incredible, unmissable exclusives for the PS3. Mass Effect 2 is genius, but Fallout 3 is on par with it, and that game is on all consoles.

PS3's extra processing power also shines through in the exclusives. Games like Uncharted, Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain, and Killzone 2 all portray their worlds with BRILLIANT graphics. Heavy Rain has extremely lifelike characters and facial movements to make it even more lifelike and therefore more emotionally engaging. Killzone 2's dark damp alien world is portrayed with grit and dirt and it REALLY DOES feel like a war is going on around you.

Actually, I think I will now list the exclusives that I think are worth getting on both consoles.

Xbox 360:
    Mass Effect 1 and 2 (and you can get it on PC if you want).
    Left 4 Dead 2 (not 1, 2 is superior and much the same game) (and you can get it on PC if you want).
    Fable 2.
    Gears of War 2.
    Metro 2033.

PS3:
    Uncharted 1 and 2.
    Demon's Souls.
    LittleBigPlanet.
    Killzone 2.
    Disgaea 3.
    Folklore.
    Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Resistance 1 and 2.
    God of War 3.

Now, if my counting is right, there appears to be more awesome exclusives on PS3 than Xbox 360. I'm not counting Arcade and PSN games, but I think that's quite equal, with the Pixeljunk series on PSN, and games like Shadow Complex on Arcade.

The controllers in my opinion, are pretty equal. I think putting the analog sticks together for the Dualshock controller is better than Xbox 360's choice, but then, that's just my opinion.

However, one of the HUGE factors shoving me to the PS3 side is again, that online multiplayer gaming is FREE. This means I get to play with my friends, without subscription fees. Is that too much to ask? According to Sony, definitely not.

19. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    you will be my 101 thanks Awesomedrako :)

You know your stuff!

20. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Research jared.

RETURN THANKS!!! HAHA!