1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Cute MMOTPS: Manga Fighter VS S4 League

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by deadplayer, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadplayer

deadplayer Brute The Pit

Credit:
    This review may contain biased comments. And it's just my opinion, I like as much Feedback as possible.

Games Intro:

Game Title: Manga Fighter
    Developer: OnNet USA
    Publisher: OnNet USA
    Genre: 3D MMO TPS
    Platforms: Windows
    Game site: http://mangafighter.gamescampus.com/

Manga Fighter is a Massively Multiplayer Online Shooting game (Third Person Shooter) with a twist. Players will join other combatants in a 3D Manga-style world. Players will also have the choice of multiple modes of combat and character customization. The game style allows for fast and intense combat, but with a fresh Manga-style look.

Game Title: S4 League
    Developer: Pentavision
    Publisher: Neowiz Games
    Genre: 3D MMO TPS
    Platforms: Windows
    Game site: games everything - S4 League - alaplaya.eu

S4 League is a TPS based on third person angle of vision. It comes from Korea-based developer Pentavibion, is a sporty, manga-styled action game, offering fantastic graphics and an outmost stylish design. The game is excelling due to the innovative special skills offered for the players, letting them experience a whole new dimension of gaming fun.

Graphics:

Manga Fighter 8/10: Honestly, they are close to perfect for the game. It is cartoon like and cute, which adds to the amusement of the game. How can you not enjoy seeing a bunch of cute little characters blow each other up?, Or shoot each other, among other things. The maps are really well done.

S4 League 7.2/10: It has good graphics for the most part. It has bright anime graphics which attract Younger players also. But the graphics are definetly not as good as they were in the Trailer. The skill effects are very nice. Every screen looks stylish and high tech further going on its futuristic look.

Sound:

Manga Fighter 7/10: As people will know, i'm not much of a sound guy. This games only actual music, at the moment, is the lobby music. Though each weapon has a nice unique sound too it, which is rare to see. Most of the times you have bullets that sound the same etc, well here you have a nice variety of sound.

S4 League 10/10: This game attracted many ppl not just because of its gameplay and cyber graphic, but also for its sound effect and music! The music are heart-pumping with major electronic guitar bass and cybertronic fast action tune that gives you energy and excitement playing this game, plus the sound effect of this game are just very nice that the sound of bullet hitting the ground or wall, launching multiple fire laser, the explosion of cannon etc all the sound effects are just going to blow away your ears!

Game play:

Manga Fighter 9/10: This is a fast passed third person shooter, so the game play is of course going to be well out. The actual game is a bunch of different round based matches, that have many different modes to play on, not to mention maps. The different maps add a layer of strategy to the game most people don't expect to have to be faced with. Although it's quite obvious which guns are favored over others, it still makes it a fun game. It's also easy to enjoy this due to the fact you can't be a tank and run around into the open gun firing wildly, strategy is how you win. You also have your basic jumping, rolling, but each character has it's own ability. Be it a double jump, a "super dash" (a forward roll but much much bigger), side rolling and taunts, or just a play dead feature theres always something to bring to the table.

S4 League 8/10: S4 League supports 2-12 players per game and has two game modes; Death Match and Touch Down. In Touch Down, both teams must attempt to bring a ball which spawns in the middle of the map to their side of the field first. Each time a side scores, a new round begins. Oddly, there is no free for all option, all matches involve two teams fighting against each other. Like in GunZ, players can preform some fancy tricks such as dashing forward and bouncing off walls. Like most video games, unless you’re playing with friends, there will be a lack of team work on both sides which can be annoying since S4 League has nothing but team modes.

Screenshots:

Manga Fighter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

S4 League:

[​IMG]

2. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Excellent review:D. How many MMOTPS games are there? I usually see MMOFPS.

3. deadplayer

deadplayer Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Maybe I am the first one posted them. :D

4. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    great comparison...which do u like better overall? looks like it is close

5. deadplayer

deadplayer Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Manga Fighter, more cute. :D

6. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I know of Manga Fighter, S4 League, Gunz and Instantaction Legions, I can't think of any others, imo, S4 league is the best one

7. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Between those 2, I would vote for S4 too. Manga is more for girls.

8. Joker

Credit:
    Epic fail:mad: What an ignorant thing to say. It does not have to blood and guts to be a "mans" game.

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I think S4 is better because imo, it's more fun to play

10. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    S4 league, more teamplay involved, and it's more like the Matrix, plus, there's no need to spend hours learning to K-Style ;)

11. Joker

Credit:
    It does for me lulz.

12. ninjapretzel

ninjapretzel Ogre Newling

Credit:
    S4 Doesn't have blood and gore. People explode into 1's and 0's when they die.
    Manga Fighter's just more cutesy-cutesy. S4's more action-y.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.