1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Legends (Free to Play) - 50 millions players after 1 month

Discussion in 'Battle Royales' started by Raffiel, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Apex Legends is a free-to-play Battle Royale game where legendary competitors battle for glory, fame, and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. It is currently published by Electronic Arts and available on X Box 1, Windows and PS4. Apex Legends was released in Feb 2019 and surpass'd 50 million users in just about a month!

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    They announced and released the game on the same day. Bold move but it worked really well. I think it helped people not think about the fact it's from EA, who just doesn't have a great reputation right now... especially in terms of microtransactions. It's a shame Titanfall 3 has died for this game (at least for now) but can't deny they did a fantastic job and it's clearly very successful already. Kudos to Respawn, they are very talented.

Raffiel likes this.
  3. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Good Game with Bad Publisher, I hope it will survive and not become a relic of past like other EA published games

4. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Despite everything, they've still acquired 50 million in bout a month, seems like it will stick around at least for the next few months. They all become relics of the past eventually though.

5. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't know the numbers for the recent months, but I'm sure it has dropped.

6. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It suddenly became popular in the market and everybody (including my friends) started talking about it. But now, I don't see many people talk about that. Is this game still popular like its first days?

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It's definitely not as popular as it use to be but I still come across quite a few people that play it.

8. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    At least there are few players who play it, but it's not popular like PUBG and Fortnite anymore I think?