1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Ashley Eley

Ashley Eley Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    Feel so greatful to have woke up today I praise everyday I wake up.

Wake n bake.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Been focusing on the good parts of daily life and giving myself time to learn new things with the lockdown going on.
    I hope and pray that all of you are safe and well too :D

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

Xctroy likes this.
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Animal Crossing is slowly starting to pick up, the start was extremely slow but it’s starting to feel normal again. First big event since launch starts today and whew lots of stuff to do now. Hopefully it won’t be too much of a grind though, in New Leaf it took work but it wasn’t too bad... the fact they are giving 2 weeks makes me nervous though.

Bought a replacement pair of headphones, will eventually get the broken ones replaced but it takes time... it’s frustrating they keep breaking after about a year or 2 but they also keep fixing them soooo I figured why not, I’ll just get another pair.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got the stand I needed for my racing wheel on Friday and have been playing most of this weekend. I really wish I would’ve done it sooner, it’s so much fun for a racing sim fan like me. I’m so much better on a controller and it kills me being so slow but it’s coming together and it’s way more fun than on a controller. The force feedback makes it feel so real, it caught me off guard as I’ve never used one before but it really does make a huge difference.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    I’ve made excellent progress on my AC town in the past few days, unlocking paths and terraforming. It’s looking a lot better now! Still much work to be done though. Finished up the bunny day event, now working on the cherry blossom event... which has been a major pain as I’m just not getting lucky with the recipes.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Been wandering in the heartwood area in Aq3d randomly in the past hour and reminiscing before we bid another old map goodbye before today's revamp.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Cherry Blossom grind complete. That took way to long for what’s suppose to be a relaxing game lol. I don’t remember if that event was like that in New Leaf. Next time I’ll plan better so it’s not so much at once, I had the wrong end date too... much sooner than I first read. O well, it all worked out in the end.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Remounting my cooler sadly did nothing for my CPU temps. Thankfully it's not really overheating but it is a bit annoying losing performance because it's a bit hotter than it should be... at this point I'm thinking it's just the chip.

My GPU seems to be the same way, I had another of the exact same model an it ran quieter, cooler and faster. I doubt overclocking this one will reach the same heights either... that said this one has minimal coil whine compared to the loud buzzing of the other model. Ahhh the joys of silicon lottery. I do love my PC tho.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:

Minecraft RTX beta came out yesterday and the results are stunning. PathTracing really transforms the game from its simplistic graphics to something that can feel almost real. It’s amazing what correct shadows does for a game. Developers have gotten very good at faking it and we have some amazing looking games but Quake RTX and Minecraft RTX have that extra level, it’s almost eerie at times.

However Minecraft RTX, like Quake before it, further prove the hardware isn’t ready yet. Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 does a really good job trying to bridge that gap but it has it’s own issues an obviously won’t work on every gpu or even every game. Maybe the new GPUs coming later this year will help, but honestly even a 50% increase won’t be enough so this is probably gonna be at least a few years yet for hardware to improve and software to adjust.

That all said, I’m really glad Nvidia pushed it out the door anyways. They’ve gotten a lot of flak but it has pushed the idea forward tremendously. It got people talking about it, wanting it and the results are already showing it’ll be worth it in the end. I can’t wait to see what happens with this technology as the hardware improves.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:

Crysis is back! Remastered for modern hardware, ray tracing and coming to Nintendo Switch! When Crysis released back in 2007 it pushed beyond the hardware available at the time to make a game that still looks pretty good to this day. Ironically performance is still about the same now too, dropping frames even on the best hardware. So it’ll be great to see Crysis adjusted for modern hardware. I’m very curious how well it’ll work on Switch too.