1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Monopoly

Discussion in 'Board Games' started by Crownknight, Aug 18, 2018.

Do you like Monopoly?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Kind of

4. Board games are stupid (Then why are you here, exactly?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    You've probably played Monopoly. Most people have at least some experience playing it (including myself) and some may be hooked. (Like me.) Since I am I decided to start a discussion thread around it. Here are some questions I would like to ask:
    1. Have you ever flipped the table? If so, why?
    2. How many times have you won?
    3. Do you like the game? (Answer in poll.)
    Anyways, see yah!

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    1. Nope, i haven't flipped the table out of frustration while playing Monopoly.
    2. None because when i get to play, the game never gets played to the end (It's a long game you know).
    3. I kinda like it, but not too much.

3. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Thank you for your response. :)

4. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Oh the memories, not particularly happy ones. Playing with family, only to have arguments erupt over cheating after the game drags on for over 8 hours and still nobody is the clear winner, haha.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    When it comes to Monopoly just for the game itself, I'm not particularly a fan of the game. The problem is that whoever is in the lead usually wins anyway. There's no way of turning the whole game around where anyone could win. You can't set hazards or do much against your opponents.

But when it comes to themes or special editions, there are some Monopoly themes that might be worth collecting, but that's more of an intrinsic thing. Sometimes Monopoly comes out with a theme of your favorite franchise, so you might be tempted to buy Monopoly just for that, rather than for the game itself. I think that's the main selling point of Monopoly.