1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of excuses have you used in school?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Whether it's arriving late to school, not turning in your homework on time, or facing some other situation, we all have used excuses whether truthfully or dishonestly.

One of the excuses I had used in school was, "my parents were at work" when my teacher wanted grade reports and assignments signed by a parent.

2. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Mine is always Traffic in 101.

3. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    I'm using same excuse for 3 years, and it's "My bus was late".(sometimes it's even true)

4. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I never have used an excuse. I only use one word to keep trouble away from teachers. "Nothing!"

5. Zalb33

Zalb33 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Yeah same using the bus thing which is actually true in a lot of situations but ye I'm not being late that often ..

6. Adam1a1

Adam1a1 MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular
    1. AQ3DMemes Followers

Credit:
    Me: "Sorry, I dont have my homework with me."
    Teacher: "And why?"
    Me: "I lost my [different subject] notebook."
    Teacher: "But this is a [subject]"
    Me: "The [different subject] notebook was my last one, I lost others during summer vacation."

7. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I also never used excuses. Because indeed some things are reality. For example I was late for the class, it was due to the crowded traffic here, even the teachers were late too. But now there are public transport and school lines, so there is no delay.

8. Sounds like a perfect excuse. Probably wouldn't help you make a better grade, but it's still something.

9. Froi

Froi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Its always.. "Im sick" followed by an excuse letter

10. Sometimes teachers don't accept excuse letters from parents saying that their child was sick, but I know that there are teachers who would accept a doctor's note and other emergency letters. When you're sick, it might just be something minor, but a doctor's note or some other emergency letter denote more significance.

11. Masi Bugatti

Masi Bugatti Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I did not want to go to class a trip, I said to the teacher I have a severe case of constipation, my teacher was triggered that I did not want to go. My teacher probably hated me the most in the entire class

12. Well, it just seems awkward to blurt something like that out to a teacher, even if it is a valid excuse. A doctor's note would probably have done the trick better, or perhaps a different excuse. It can be difficult to come up with the best excuses without carefully thinking of the consequences. For instance, a student could be entering the principal's office and happen to find some imaginary scapegoat to blame, but then the principal looks into your excuse by making you describe further who you're blaming, and that could lead into further consequences.

13. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I can't remember if i've ever used an excuse at school, maybe for homework but usually the teacher knew whether you were being truthful. In high school some days when I didn't do the homework I would rush at the last minute during class while the teacher checked individually, and some people would copy off eachother.

For arriving late to class we were usually sent to the main office (unless the teacher happened to be in a good mood that day) with a letter or note justifying why the person was late so the excuse needed to be valid.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  14. The "last moment" finish-your-homework situation sounds insane, especially when you're finishing up the homework on the last minute during class. I usually spent my time doing homework back in high school at the cafeteria and on the bus since it was easier to multitask that way, so then I would have little to no homework to do at home. With homework, there's usually no excuse if you didn't do it.

15. Vlajo

Vlajo Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    My excuse was "The bus was late'

16. I've had times when that's actually happened since my bus usually visited the middle school and dropped kids off there first, before driving to the high school to drop off high school kids. Sometimes there would be delays because of trains, weather, or traffic. Usually any buses arriving late would be announced on the intercom.

17. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i don't remember using a excuse, but i remember i used to do my homework in class and finish it before class ended because i hate homework so i turned it into schoolwork

18. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    :D always excused "stomach ache, headache, tooth ache" :D

19. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    fever, headache etc lol

20. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Cause i dont wanna. I was pretty boss growin up. And my old man and my teachers takes that as a reason. Hes just gonna waste the day if hes here but he doesnt wnna, they always say.