1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone Tournaments Discussion

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by p, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Right and I'm saying it's not possible to do that in Hearthstone for a number of reasons. They are different genres, it doesn't work the same. Deck building is a central part of card games, they are all about building the deck for you that will give you the best chance to win. Which is a bit different than removing Masteries and Runes. They aren't a fundamental part of the game. It still functions without them because each character still retains their unique skills and playstyles. It'd be kinda like giving every character in League the exact same skills... it'd be even but boring after the first couple times.

It's just how card games work. It's true in real life card games too except you replace time invested with money spent. However in both cases cards are not the end all be all. Any deck can be beat.

2. JBC

JBC Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    im ready give the last one to skiller he deserves it or else we can just split it

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Wayyyy too late, you both have already been DQ'd. This is a new tournament.

4. Bol3Car

Bol3Car BamBam

Credit:
    Well i can see where the both sides are coming from but i guess constant playing with starter decks all the times would be horribly boring and that's not the point of the tournament.

5. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Main point is that we have fun, and i doubt that you would had fun with starter deck vs one of meta decks (like priest or jade druid)