1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

OgreMedia Twitch Channel Livestream Official Thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG Videos' started by ogreman, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, we need a thread for overall Livestreams on Ogre Media besides just the OGT thread.

We are going to try to start streaming more often and at different times than we did before. The goal is to get more experience by doing it more often:). Any announcements regarding the livestream will be made here.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, ended up testing the Twitch channel today without even knowing it lol. I had hooked up my software to Twitch before taking time personal time off and never got it to run. Today, I did get it running without a microphone, but did not realize it was also on Twitch. Also, hearing some static so will have to work that out as well.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It looked pretty good otherwise to me, nice first attempt for sure.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Especially when I didn't even plan it lol. Yea, will try voice tomorrow.

5. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I saw video last night, everything was good, but yea, ive heard something too, when u were AFK or something, after 1st game,
    So when should we expect next OGT ?

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Glad it sounded good besides that. Was so good not using Fraps for a change:). The noise started after the first game or you heard something besides the static then?

For OGT, shooting for tomorrow at the normal time if possible. Should have the livestream then whether it is voice or not.

However, going to try again at least one time before that, probably with voice.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Feedback for today's video. Static seems to be gone as far as I can tell. Sound seemed pretty solid volume wise by the end. Looked ok however the FPS was a bit choppy. Sound was a bit behind too, I suspect it may have been from twitch in the background (could hear it a little bit). As long as that's paused we wont hear it and will probably help with performance. If it doesn't help then you may need to lower the video quality so it's easier on your system as it all seems to be a performance issue... unless it's bandwidth, idk was the game laggy for you?

Overall it was pretty solid.

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yeah, didnt hear the static so the microphone must have solved that after all:).

Yea, the sound was weird a few times and it sounded like an echo since I was in Twitch too. Hmmm, did Kit pause the video in Twitch and just look at chat? If so, that would likely help that echo:).

Haven't watched it yet, but didnt notice a huge FPS slowdown though I did notice a little while playing. However, it was miles ahead of what Fraps did in Brawlhalla:).

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Kyt uses a second computer (a chromebook if we wanna be specific) to monitor chat and keep an eye on the video. Doing it all on one PC I'd advise just watching the chat, pause the video, en fact I think you can even pop out the chat itself and close out the video page completely. The recorder will pick it up otherwise but more importantly frees up more resources (processor and bandwidth) for the game/stream itself.

Another way to do it is use the twitch app on a smartphone or tablet to the side of the PC.

Yeah I suspect streaming and playing might be pushing your PC (I mean it does even newer ones that aren't i5, i7), thankfully Brawlhalla isn't crazy intensive or anything so it's an easy place to start. However I bet playing the video in the background probably intensified it, so that'd be an easy way to get some resources back without any streamlining of the settings. I'd see how that goes first, if it's still too bad then dropping the video quality should help. What is your monitor by default, 1080p?

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ah, that would explain a lot then. Yea, I need to pause the video then on my PC. Hmmm, might can try those as well.

Yes, my monitor is 1080 p Full HD. Its also fairly wide. What effect does that have on it you think?

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    The monitor size itself doesn't matter at all but the resolution does because I think OBS defaults it's quality to your monitors native resolution, which means it might be doing 1080p, which is great if your PC (and bandwidth) can handle it but 1080p takes a bit more (processor and bandwidth) to do than 720p. So cranking that down might help performance too, it wouldn't have a huge impact on quality either since Twitch really doesn't do the greatest in quality for non-partner channels anyways. However if 1080p works then stick with it as it's better for Youtube exports.

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok we did the stream for OGT today with voice:).

Wasn't perfect, but a good solid first effort. Turning off the twitch video certainly helped. Think we had one match that was real bad performance wise but at least it did not crash and it did get better after that even as we added more players:).

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    From the network meter in game it kinda looks like you may have a bandwidth problem more than anything. I'd try 720p and see if that smooths out the rest of it.

14. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I am livestreaming fine today on Cobalt

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, and you did a good job:).

16. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It was really high quality :D

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Streaming in a few minutes:).

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, had a surprise AQ3D Livestream last night:). This was when the game was still in pre-beta.

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The game is still in pre beta and we have been approved to start a bug thread on the forum for this game:).

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Our latest OGT:). Come join us next time.

Minatoevox likes this.