1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

OgreMUSH Volunteers

Discussion in 'OgreMUD' started by quinn, Jan 1, 2011.

1. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ogreman and I have recently been discussing what to do with the OgreMUSH project, since the host it is currently on has ceased to work. We are currently working together to find new hosting for the game, and several people to help with the MUSH. There are several different things that the MUSH needs:
    • Moderation - We need someone or some people to help moderate the MUSH. They would be required to check the creations in the world, watch the chat, and punish players.
    • Build - A few people are needed to create the basic game world for people to explore. This requires good writing skills! Don't worry about any previous experience, as I will be training anyone interested in how to build the world. (as in what commands to use to add rooms, ect.)
    • Hosting - We are currently looking for a host for the MUSH. This is simply running a background task on your computer for the MUSH to run on. Someone from Gameogre running the server would be greatly appreciated, although there are several other hosting options being looked into as well.

If you are interested in helping, please PM either me or ogreman. (Preferably both!)

2. quinn

Credit:
    OgreMUSH is now OgreMUD!
    And we have a subforum in the MUD forum, check it out!

3. Hawk

Hawk Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I would love to join :)

4. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'll certainly return as a builder, but I'll step in as a mod as well if you need me to. :)

5. quinn

Credit:
    We have 3 people who I have decided shall make fine moderators, and we are set for that right now. I believe that Noche and I will be good for the building, but if anyone else is interested in helping I'm sure we could use the help!

The biggest thing at the moment is a host, but I think I found a free host that will work. I'm waiting to apply until we have a solid game concept and I find a good codebase to use.