1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RageFire Team Recruiting

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by Rocket471, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Rocket471

Rocket471 BamBam

Credit:
    RageFire is an MMORPG that started planning in early 2009, and has now begun development. Here's a brief summary of the game and a list of positions I need:

Engine: Realm Crafter Standard (moving onto Pro later)

UPDATE - Website and forums: http://ragefire.freeforums.org/ - Website still under construction.

Setting:

The game is set in a fantasy world called Utaroth, which is still suffering after a great war. There are 8 massive zones in the game, all consisting of Forest, Mountainous, Tropical etc areas.

Gameplay:

There are ten playable races (see section, "Summary"), five classes, Warrior, Ranger, Arcanist, Holy One, and Assassin. Each race has their own starting zone, with multiple quests to get you started. There's many skills that you can train in to obtain certain items and special armor/weapons, as well as a feature called, 'achievements' (similar to WoW) where you can earn Achievement points for doing certain special objectives.

Goals:

This game is mostly a hobby project. The primary goal, though, is to make it a very successful and popular MMO, and after initial release, continue to update it with expansion/content packs.

Summary:

During the First and Second Age of Utaroth, the ten races, Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Flyghters,Orcs,Goblins, Demons, Trolls, and Dark Elves, lived in peace and prosperity. There were no battles or armies, just one big faction called The Conquerers. But, things turned over towards the end of the Fourth Age. The Dwarves, with their ingenious crafting skills, planned to build three weapons, known as the RageFire, weapons that would be so powerful, they would have enough strength to take over Utaroth.

Immediately, the Dwarves built the first weapon, The RageFire Sword. They continued to build the others, but failed. So they seeked help from the Humans,Elves, Gnomes and Flyghters who then forged The RageFire Bow and Staff.

The other races, got very jealous of the three weapons and sent forces out to steal them. At that very moment, The Conquerers fell apart and split into two factions, The Heroes and The Raiders. And so began, The Great War.

Millions died. Almost every city or town in the world had been destroyed, the ground was black, and the two warring factions clashed together in a revolution which would never be forgotten. Thankfully, the fighting only lasted five years. But there was something else at the end of the war which shook the races: The RageFire had disappeared without a trace. Nobody knew what happened to them, but it was predicted that were destroyed in amongst all the battles. That was only three thousand years ago, though.

To this very day, all the races are still searching for the RageFire, continually fighting against each other. And whoever wins, takes Utaroth. Whoever loses, dies. And it will stay like that forever.....

Positions (Unpaid. However everybody will be fully credited after game completion,will receive GM Account when game is finished, and will receive other bonuses in the future)

Modellers (Props, Architecture, Characters etc.) - Unlimited - We need as many modelers as possible, expert or inexperienced.

Concept Artist - 1

If you're interested in being part of the team or have any questions please PM me, post a comment on this thread, or you can add me on MSN: [email protected]. (Also if you want to see some screenies of what we have so far, I'll send them to you)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
  2. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Good luck. Hope it'll be good. :)

3. tianhui

tianhui Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Although I do not have the skills to join the team,
    I would gladly help in beta/pre-beta testing :)

Good Luck-

4. Rocket471

Rocket471 BamBam

Credit:
    Thanks for the support guys. I'll post threads here when the game reaches testing stages......

5. Rocket471

Rocket471 BamBam

Credit:
    news for today:

All positions still available:

Modelers - Unlimited

Concept Artist - 1

6. Rocket471

Rocket471 BamBam

Credit:
    so we have a concept artist now, still looking for:

Modelers - Unlimited

Once again, if you would like a job, PM me, e-mail me ([email protected]) or post in this thread.

Thanks!

7. stolpen

stolpen BamBam

Credit:
    is this an upcoming mmo?

8. Rocket471

Rocket471 BamBam

Credit:
    yes it is, but were are obviously still in the early stages of development

9. akismor30

akismor30 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
  10. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    this was 5 years ago, still unfinished. development hell!

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ugh, it's a shame it never got made.