1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WebSite?

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by Razer Machs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. BlackDayton

BlackDayton DA BIG CLUB

Credit:
    first learn java script .photoshoping, and C script

2. For HTML5 and CSS, I would recommend visiting w3schools for some tutorials and references and codecademy for evaluation. You can probably also find free coding bootcamps online to aid you in your goal, or buy books if you're really eager to learn that way. For editing code, I would recommend using Notepad++ (PC) and for Sublime (Mac); I would not recommend using a WYSIWYG program like Dreamweaver, because that just takes away the learning experience.

Also, a tip when working with responsive web design is to start with mobile first, then move your way up to desktop. It's good to learn that after learning a bit of the basic HTML and CSS though.

After learning the basics, I would recommend learning Javascipt for a good chunk of time, and then moving on to backend development (if you're really interested further into web development) for databases (e.g. MongoDB and MySQL) and server-side development (e.g. PHP, Node.js, Ruby). For web design specifically, you'll probably stick with Adobe products like Dreamweaver (HTML and CSS after learning the basics), Illustrator (for SVG), and Photoshop (for images).