1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Snowrunner continues to be great. Still very impressed with what they've put together. I do feel the economy is off though, you earn so little for jobs an the trucks all cost so much. Maybe it gets easier later in the game but it's a bit frustrating not only having level restrictions but also a huge monetary requirement too

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    RuneScape's iOS beta launched and closed within 5 seconds lol. It was only 1k slots so that's to be expected but lol. I'm glad I forgot, I figured it would be a mess anyways. Hopefully it won't be in beta for years but given how long it's taken to this point I wouldn't doubt it. At this rate my iPad will be dead before it ever releases.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    My Ryzen 3600 has been pretty solid but one annoyance that I never seen covered is the temperature spikes. It completely messes with fan curves because it can spike almost 30c in a second in just basic work. It’s not dangerous apparently but it seems to boil down to the processor over reacting. An apparently it needs a large voltage to quickly wake sleeping cores so when it thinks it needs it aka way too often... it floods in that high voltage briefly to wake them up an thus a temperature spike. At least that’s how I understand it.

I found this kinda amusing since their Navi GPUs have had the opposite problem in that they’ve been under-reacting to loads. I like AMD and happy they turned things around because it’s so much better for us the consumers but even in Ryzen, a product I see praised so much... it still has “AMD issues” lol, weird quirks.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is coming out in two weeks! Xenoblade was a cult classic on Wii an got pretty famous for it’s supply issues, I believe it also sold exclusively at GameStop in the US. Anyways, GameStop ended up selling brand new sealed copies above the $60 MSRP. An it still sold out. The 2nd hand market was well over $100 for a good while too.

That aside, it’s a very good RPG . It’ll be great to play this game in HD an with a better UI. On Wii I think it tops out at 480p? It really didn’t do this game justice, it’s got a lot of nice views.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    F1 had a big shake up with Vettel announcing he’ll be leaving Ferrari at the end of this season. This followed with Sainz to Ferrari and Ricciardo to McLaren for 2021. It’s unclear if Vettel will remain in F1 following this season. This is a pretty big deal for Ferrari and McLaren. Gives Ferrari something to build on and gives McLaren a “win now” guy, which they hope will they will be able to do next year when they change engines.

As for Vettel, if this is his last year that is a shame. He’s still relatively young and very talented still. He’s one of the best drivers in the history of F1. An also a very likable driver, popular with the fans. It’s understandable though, outside Ferrari, Mercedes is really the only other team with a valid shot these days an they don’t need him. For someone like him, why keep going if you have no chance to win.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Strong rumor the pixel 4a may release at $349, some even saying it’ll be a 128gb model. It was previously leaked to retain the last models price of $399 but with the covid crisis an iPhone SE recent release at $399, it seems Google may be going cheaper. This drop an storage bump would help it be more appealing as the SE is vastly more power internally an will no doubt get a longer support cycle too.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    A newer rumor suggests the Pixel 4a is ready to ship but Google has now delayed it to June announcement and August/Sept release due to market conditions. Kinda interesting considering Apple felt it wasn't a problem for them but I suppose Google definitely does not have the same draw Apple does. Who knows I guess, that's a big delay though.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finally got the cards of two of my favorite villagers. Now I can force... I mean kindly encourage... them to move into my island. It’s a bit of a slow process taking I think about 5 days total. 3 to convince them, one to move, an another to unpack. Still, I’m excited to have them back in my game. They were my favorites in my lost New Leaf save.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Star Citizen is doing a free week. It humbled my PC... I can't believe the game is still that optimized, or if it's not... I can't say what I seen is worth whatever is making it so CPU demanding vs other games. That said, what I did experience was interesting... it's very simulation, maybe too much so. I think eventually they will figure it out but it's kinda crazy the state its in all these years and money later. I was expecting it to be further along.

Though again, it's pretty unique an I guess this not being tied down to deadlines and streamlining it could ultimately end up a really cool game that we might not see again for a long time... with publishers not having the patience and independent devs not having enough funds/manpower to pull it off. It's a unique situation.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    HBO Max launched today, picked up a month to watch all the Studio Ghibli films. They are soooo good. The service has a decent selection of other movies too, I’m not sure it’s worth it’s premium price tag over other services but for a month or two at a time could do a lot worse.

20. Aaddron

Credit: