1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Cross Fire Announces Its Open Beta Success

Discussion in 'Cross Fire' started by ogreman, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    More Than 25,000 Players have Joined the Cross Fire Community At Cross Fire - Free Online Military FPS in the First Two Weeks of Open Beta

Toronto, CANADA--February 18, 2009-- G4BOX Inc and Wicked Interactive Ltd., North American publishers and distributors of interactive entertainment media, together announced today the tremendous success
    and popularity of the open beta for their military first-person shooter, Cross Fire. The beta, which began on Friday, January 30, 2009, has since gathered more than 25 000 registered players and made
    a major splash in the online first-person shooter scene. Cross Fire will continue in Open Beta through February.

"We knew there was an audience out there that was really anticipating Cross Fire, so we expected a good result," said Garvin Yeung, Chief Executive Officer of Wicked Interactive. "But even we are amazed by
    the overwhelming response that Cross Fire has garnered thus far," added Howard He, Chief Executive Officer of G4BOX."

The open beta launch marked the beginning of Cross Fire's persistent military-ranking and stat-tracking features. Player-progress will be tracked from the open beta onward so that players may accurately gauge their skills against the rest of the Cross Fire community. The Open Beta also introduced a clan system into the game, allowing players to band together into persistent teams. This feature is supported by a unified Subagames clan page, which maintains rankings of all clans across the Subagames library of free MMOs. The Cross Fire open beta also introduced in-game friend lists, in addition to a variety of new maps, weapons, and items.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yeah I was surprised how many people are playing it.

3. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    The guy who got to Staff Seargent 1 first, I was talking to his Roomate and he said that he skipped all his classes to get it. :p

4. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    The game isn't that good, in my opinion it's even worse than Soldier Front, and I've already come across a bunch of hackers...

5. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    No hackers, lol. Just skilled players. You can tell when someone is hacking in this game. The community is horrid, but the only hackers out there are speed and god mode hackers.

6. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Yes, that's why it's so annoying, I go to join a game and see someone that's 74~0, and I'm just like "What the heck, scr3w this, I'm going to play CS."