1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Perfect World popular and Ether Saga a let down?

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by Glazed, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    I've noticed that Runes of Magic, Atlantica, and Perfect World are the 3 most popular heavy-weight MMORPGs out right now. Atlantica Online is sorta cool, Runes of Magic is possibly the best one I've played so far (the others being Allods online and Earth Eternal and some others I can't remember), but why is Perfect World so popular? It looks great. Better than most oriental themed MMORPGs, but when I played it, I was let down early. The character creation options were so varied, I couldn't get my character looking the way I wanted him to. Then, the combat was boring, to be an archer I had to be an elf, the game doesn't look as good because of my comp (not entirely the game's fault), I had a hard time finding some mobs, and the game was so relaxing and grindy and beautiful with nice calm oriental music, I got tired and bored from playing, and then I thought of the other things I could be playing, and I stopped.

I asked when does it get better, and one guy basically said when I reach level 30, but with THAT kind of grind, THAT boring of combat, the fact that I was ALREADY getting bored, and I have to reach level frickin' 30 to GET TO THE FUN PART? Screw that! I had tons of fun in RoM early on, and it seemed to have more, too!

While Ether Saga, at first sight, looked more colorful and lively, you had a pet, you could fuse with your pet, it already was seeming better than PW, even if there was the typical "hardly any character creation options" thing and that it possibly had the same slow combat. Yet, whenever I read about the game, I often hear people saying it sucks, or that it's not bad, but it was a let down.

Why is PW so popular, and why is ESO considered a let-down?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Moved to Perfect World forum.

The answer depends on the person, some people think Ether Saga is good and Perfect World is the let down. Depends on your tastes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.