1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Zalb33

Zalb33 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I have been really busy with school and everything and i feel really tired but no time for rest i guess?

2. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    I've been a bit busy at the weekend which leaded for beign inactive on forums, it could last few weeks but i'll be there using phone.
    Still stuck with school a lot of studying, stress and all what come with that..
    Hope i will get some rest at least a day without studying could make me happy.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I feel blessed today since i got a call from my teachers attend our schools pizza party as an alumni I'm very proud that i graduated from that school. (Marian College) the teachers never forget me as their student.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played some more Project Cars 2 and it really is a fantastic sim, it's just a shame it's got so many weird bugs and runs so poorly on Xbox. Hopefully a patch will come soon to clean some of it up. Speaking of patches... still waiting for the NBA 2k18 Switch patch too.

Battlefront 2 beta kicks off in a couple days, game is looking pretty cool and looking forward to checking it out. I'm not a huge shooter game fan but still enjoyed the first one, also really enjoyed the original games back in the day. I'm more interested in the campaign which won't be in the beta but least will still get a look at the gameplay, visuals and performance.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Qsljic

Credit:
    We had a test today, we all cheated on it and professor didn't reacted so it was easy, i just hope we all won't fail a test.

9. Zalb33

1. TSM

Credit:
    This day was kinda interesting as we did learn a lot new stuff in school. I never so far in highschool (2nd year) had something we learned that i didnt know about before. That sounds confusing but everything we have done so far i just thought i already knew that so ye it was quite interesting learning new stuff... Also got my McDonalds rn :D

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Still waiting on the NBA 2k18 patch...

Have done a lot of research on Internet TV the last couple months. I'm not sure why I've taken such an interest in it, never really been a big TV fan but finding it a really interesting market. Very fast moving. I'm unsure of it's future at this point, it's really starting to take off but it has some really obvious pitfalls and traps... one in particular is most of them being owned by the same old media companies. Internet delivery is also mostly out of their control so many customers will face issues that have nothing to do with the service itself... I'm not sure how they can work past that because the average consumer is stupid and will blame everything on the product itself, rather than the crappy router they own etc.

Not sure it will ever unseat cable, I'm not sure taking the cable model and just making it wireless is the correct move either. I guess the market will decide over time, we'll see.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Zalb33

1. TSM

Credit:
    Im planning on buying a retro console or the new mini Super Nintendo as it is well made (as other users say) and i am a retro gaming fan so ye kinda excited about it.

14. Qsljic

Credit:
    I need to clean up my pc and update graphic card driver, but i can't find the driver atm, should get the old one updated soon and i guess that will gain me better performances in gaming :).

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

support.amd.com/en-us/download
    www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    downloadcenter.intel.com

Qsljic likes this.
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Picked up Forza 7, have enjoyed it despite it's flaws... passing on the DLC though. 2k18 got it's patch finally! It fixed some of the popping in the audio but not all of it... rip. Cut scenes seem to at least work now so that's something too. My stuck franchise save is still broken though. What a mess.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. I have been playing GameOgre arcade games all day yesterday and I've beaten over 10 high scores in a day. Now I have 49 different highscores on the GameOgre arcade.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

Congrats! Nice work!

20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Already made a post today but doing another for no points to talk about Windows Phone.

So in the past couple days Microsoft finally officially axed Windows 10 Mobile, the writing was on the wall for a long while now so it wasn't really a surprise but it's still a sad day for Windows Phone fans. Window Phone was a great mobile OS, it lacked apps which ultimately killed it but the core OS and feature set was really solid. The UI was great. The performance was fantastic. They did a lot of cool things with it and it had a bright future in terms of features and design but ultimately they just couldn't break out of the death spiral of no customers, no apps and with no apps, no customers.

The bigger blow here though is this really cements the two horse race in the mobile market. BB and WP were the last hope and both are dead, no one else has any kind of foothold to make something happen. Aside from Samsung doing the unthinkable and abandoning Android for it's own OS, I can't see anyone breaking into this market.

Hopefully Apple and Google wield their great power responsibly.