1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New free modern-setting MMORPG in alpha: Blood Secrets

Discussion in 'MUDs' started by the Spiral, Aug 18, 2008.

1. the Spiral

the Spiral Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hi all, just a quick stab at self-promotion to say that my own MMORPG is in public early alpha. It’s a modern setting, tile-based MUD-style thing. Experience is mission-based, not kill-based, and the system is classless.
    So far, the persistent world has not been implemented. You can still get a good feel for the game, however, as it’s very user-generated content oriented. What you can do so far is:

1. Create characters
    2. Edit character portraits
    3. Create levels
    4. Test the levels with your characters, or generic characters of different levels.
    5. Publish your levels for general consumption
    6. Test published levels, with your own characters or the generic characters, and leave feedback

Anyway, do give it a try if you have a few moments and see what you think of the basic game engine. It’s at bloodsecrets.com

Also, a question for the experienced members of the forum... since this game is browser-based, tile-based and a little roguelike, is it more appropriate to use the MUD forum rather than this one in future? I'm not 100% sure where it would fit.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Sounds cool good luck making it. As for your question I'm unsure. I'm thinking it should go to the MUD forum but idk. Could you post some screen shots?

3. the Spiral

the Spiral Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Thanks A. I've put up a few shots already to give some feel for the approach, they're located at:

Blood Secrets