1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Community

Discussion in 'SplashFighters' started by quinn, Aug 4, 2011.

1. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The community in this game is absolutely horrid, for a multitude of reasons.

First, for a 'E'-rated game, I should not see the 'F' word every time I enter a room. People should not be shouting NOOB or HACKER when they lose. There is NO courtesy in this game. I remember when I first started, people would say 'GG' after every match. Maybe it was only the beginner channel, though. Now it's...just me.

Second, people can't stand losing. Seriously. It's a GAME, get over it. I can't stand it when I'm booted for being a higher rank...or for...

Jumping is a part of the game. So is killing people on the edges of Under. So is edging. I follow the rules set forth when I make my account. Nothing says I can't jump. Especially when my access is MADE for jumping and edging, and has low attack and defense.

Seriously people, stop taking it so seriously, just play the game and have fun.
    And stop playing under and electro. There are 30+ maps, and it's impossible to find a room or start a room without those two only?

2. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    it been bad most of the time
    under and electro are usually due to 1vs1 which can be "Fair play"

3. quinn

Credit:
    If I wanted to play 1v1 then I'd go to a 1v1 room...
    and the other team has a team, too, how is it not fair?

4. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    i would same.
    By my experience it fair till one team member dc or ragequit (?)

5. SuperLightning!

SuperLightning! MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Well, the game's content is E-Rated.

ESRB cannot rate online interaction,

Though yeah, I agree they should settle down.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
  6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    The one thing that I can say about the Splashfighters Community is that several good forum members came from that game:). In fact, it may be the best single game we have worked with for that.

7. quinn

Credit:
    While there may be some good users, your site must be a magnet for them ;)
    If you've gone in the game in the last...6 months or so you would probably cry and never play again. I would if I wasn't so attached to it by now.

:knife:

8. SuperLightning!

SuperLightning! MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Still I can put up with the Ga2 community and their um....Bleh

[​IMG]

9. binlaninja2005

binlaninja2005 Big Brute

Credit:
    everyone doesn't care about the E rated, or M rated game. If it's fun, let's play.

10. quinn

Credit:
    And THAT, good peoples, is how you miss the entire point of a thread.

11. ZeBe

ZeBe MMORPGer

Credit:
    I love this game and i agree what you said. People are being ignorant. The game is going to die soon! The GM doesn't do anything about it cause all they care is money. I want to help out by telling them to make an Advertizement !! D:< Meh, i guess ill move onto Dragon Nest if this game dies.

12. quinn

Credit:
    You know what adverts require? Money.
    You know what the game requires to make money? Players that stay.
    You know what the game requires to make players stay? A good community.

It's not as simple as putting a few adverts out there. It would require the players to actually report players breaking the rules (nearly impossible until their email works again) and for the GMs to actually pay attention to the game.

The VGMs...I mean GSs, are some of the worse players as far as the community goes, at least in the past. They think they are so much better, and brag about it a ton. The whole system could just get abandoned, and it would actually IMPROVE the game.

I've started a guild to start bringing courtesy and sportsmanship back to Splash, but it's been failing miserably xD

13. ZeBe

ZeBe MMORPGer

Credit:
    Ik they need money to make an Advertizement. Only if they could make a Goal bar, like the one on the Maplestory site, where if they reach 500k Fabebook Likes, they give people seomthing special or do something special. But on splashfighters, the GM makes a Goal Bar, where people have to buy UGC, GoCash, or Zeevex to raise the bar up higher. Once it's high enough the GM will release the Advert and then people would come rushing into the game! Im not stupid, Cyberstep is RICH, look how much players they have gotten in KR, JP, CH, and other server.

14. ZeBe

ZeBe MMORPGer

Credit:
    And yeah, i agree that most GS are bad. Some swear, call people trash, and ignore the rules. I know a couple of GS that are very helpful (1-3 people only =_=) And dont get me wrong here, but im a GS too. I've been trying to help out the community ever since i made an account on GameOgre.

15. binlaninja2005

binlaninja2005 Big Brute

Credit:
    I think they should gave Getamped for Valve or Gabe Newell to developed, because VGM in this game doesn't do shit, beside host an event.

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit: