1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Are you into 3D printing? Here's some good info

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by Kytsune, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    3D printers started out insanely-expensive and only industrial users and researchers could really afford to own one. They're still really expensive -- but now there's models designed to sit on a desktop just like an office printer would, except that they print objects and not pieces of paper.

As a guide to the best desktop 3D printers of 2015, I wrote up an article about what there is out there, how much it costs, and where to find supplies for the various printers. Now most of these cost in the $500 - $1,000 range (with some going up around $7,000) so I suspect that many 3D printers are out of reach for most of us but it could still be worthwhile to check out.

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/0...for-the-enthusiast-and-where-to-buy-supplies/

Among the models included are the famous MakerBot series, the newer LulzBot, and also well known Ultimaker, and other series. There's a multitude of different 3D printers on the market and while most of them use plastic or vinyl filaments (called PLA and ABS) some of them also use photopolymer vats -- one on the list does -- which is messy but a lot more fun to watch.

Anyone here in the forums interested in 3D printing?

2. SreckosGames

SreckosGames Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Good desinger but i'm better
    Do you use maya ?I start to use program week agoo is hard program..

3. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I love Maya. However, I have not played with it in years now.

4. I do find 3D printing interesting, but it is out of my budget. I have a friend who has a cheap 3D printer though, but the printed models can turn out rough until you sand the surface of the model. I think it's a lot of work and patience when it comes to 3D printing, but it is still interesting.