1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Good day everyone so today I finally watched the Transformers : Last Knight. I really like how they involve transformers to King Arthur's time , dictator hiter , royalty and it shocked me when it was Bumblebee who infiltrated hitlers base and captured him. Hitler's death was really funny to think it was his transformer watch who killed him. I'm about to do my BLOG about transformers.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got access to Project Cars 2 on Xbox yesterday and yea don't buy this version... at least not yet. The game itself is absolutely fantastic, it has a few bugs that need to be worked out but it's a really really good racing sim. Nothing else comes close especially on consoles to it's feature set. The Xbox version though and base PS4 to an extent too are really struggling to hit a consistent 60FPS.

Project Cars 1 had similar issues on consoles but it was usually in more demanding situations. Day to day gameplay you'd get some drops and screen tearing but it was mostly OK. Project Cars 2 on the other hand is like a constant struggle to hit 60FPS an it rarely feels like it does, it doesn't seem to swing widely but it's never consistent in pretty much any race situation I've tried. Ironically the fact the performance is consistently bad makes it more playable than random drops but it's not a great experience.

Hopefully patches can clean it up but until then or if it doesn't happen would definitely recommend skipping on Xbox One. Console wise go with PS4 Pro or wait for Xbox One X. Otherwise if you can PC is definitely the way to go for this title as it stands now.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Today's rant is on buggy games. This month I've bought 3 games, Lego Worlds, NBA 2k18 and Project Cars 2. Guess where they all are right now? Sitting because they need patches. Lego Worlds has a save bug, your save file can corrupt itself at any point losing all progress... so far I haven't hit it but stopped playing completely to wait for the next patch which will supposedly fix this. No point in risking the time I've already put in.

NBA 2k18 has a similar save bug but also massive framerate issues with cut scenes and a audio bug causing a crackling sound. It's also got numerous smaller issues that while not game breaking really make you wonder if anyone even tested the game. They are so blatantly obvious it's sad.

Last is Project Cars 2. It has it's fair share of bugs but it's issue is more centered around performance. As talked about in my previous post, the framerates on Xbox One are just horrid at all times. Screen tearing is super common. It's just bad all around. The worst part is it may never get better, it's just a shame developers will put out games like this. I really like the game otherwise but it's performance is just inexcusable especially for a racing game where it's really important to have stable smooth framerates.

It's sad this is happening more and more. Release the game, fix the rest later... or not because we already got your money so who cares. It's bad for the industry and gonna start biting them as it gets worse and worse. You shouldn't buy a game and then have to download a 20GB day one patch because the game is broken out of the box, like what is that? But it's a thing these days. It's a joke.

/rant

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    No blogs for today so many stuff to do, work in night shifts doing the charting on my patient when theres a change of condition is really tiring. I need to rest when im off to my work.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :)

Thank you for the work you do.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Was playing a bit of mygm mode in NBA 2k18... about the only mode that isn't broken on Switch and well few years in hit a unrecoverable bug, forced to completely trash the save. RIP. Had a lot of fun with it up to that point though.

My AC:NL town is still progressing nicely, got Club LOL a few days ago, just opened fund raising for the museum upgrade, hair shop is opening soon and just got informed the main shop will start upgrade to level 3 tomorrow! Things move a lot quicker when you know what your doing haha. My blue rose progress has been super slow, for whatever reason the flowers just aren't populating at good rates. A few weeks off golden axe still but making good progress on that too. No badges yet but that's kinda to be expected. Really need to get paths in soon, they do so much for the town feel.

Beyond that, got some stuff to deal with tomorrow that I hope won't lead to more stuff. Not looking forward to it but what can ya do. Hoping it just goes as smooth as possible.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Kinda sad that LDoE copied AE. They set a date for the next release then suddenly postpones it the day of supposed release. Anyway, I just finished the bunker in LDoE and red coupons are getting harder to get!

On the other hand, I'm back at ashfall to finally craft everything AQ3D has to offer.

12. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    Just beign stuck in a school, thinking about what shall i do when i come home.

Started playing Outlast, played for 10 minutes and got scared from multiple jumpscares. I guess that i'm done with that game for now, i don't really like horror games.

13. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Haven't played AQ3D these days because of many works :(

14. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Finally my COZMO case just arrived today but i have to get the item on the post office, I'm happy that i can finally put my toy on a safe case so that he won't get a scratch anymore.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Lego Worlds got it's update recently and I'm not really a big fan. They've hopefully fixed the save issues... but only time will tell on that, so that's great, really great. However, they've reduced the draw distance even more... which considering it was already really really short it's kinda to silly levels of draw distance now. It's taken one of the biggest issues of the game and made it even worse. It did help the framerates in my experience, however I've seen others still complaining so maybe handheld is worse or maybe I just haven't hit bad areas yet. The thing though is aside from co-op the framerate was never really the issue, it had dips sure but it was the draw distance that was the problem... now they've made that even worse and apparently the framerates still drop, so we've really gained nothing here. All in all kinda disappointing.

On a side note, all the current Lego games on Switch have performance issues. Every single one of them. Supposedly Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 will be using a new engine so Switch Lego fans should keep on eye on that but would definitely recommend avoiding any of the older games.

NBA 2k18 has a patch coming soon, the patch notes listed one of my two biggest issues so we'll see on that when it finally releases. Fingers crossed it doesn't break anything else.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    Still waiting on the 2k18 patch, apparently they lied about patches arriving at the same time as other consoles. *sigh* Thankfully still enjoying MyLeague mode... even despite it continuing to break on me, have at least got my money's worth out of it.

Looking forward to Mario Odyssey later this month. Hopefully my streak of broken AAA games will end with it. Also looking into Fire Emblem Warriors but it hasn't looked all that great to me... need more research. Golf Story is pretty great and hoping we see Stardew as well. Beyond that, Oct doesn't look that packed for Switch. Nov we'll see Skyrim and Dec we'll see Xenoblade 2. Least one big game a month to close out the year, makes a great holiday for Switch.

Last note, Mario Odyssey is getting playable demos in some Best Buy's, might be worth checking out if your in the US!

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    It's not even snowing here but I feel so cold even with my AC turned off, maybe I need to do some running on the park just to release some sweat.