1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Undertale Review/Guide

Discussion in 'Indie Games' started by Crownknight, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    So, decided to review this masterpiece of a game. From the fun,challenging puzzles to the amazing 8bit artwork to the beloved music this game has about all you'd want from an indie RPG.

At first I thought undertale would be pretty boring... Seeing what I'd seen. I mean it was an RPG and I hate RPGs. But undertale blew me away with it's amazing and fun game design. So, I will give you a guide to beating the NEUTRAL path. And present you some tips and tricks to improve your underSKILL.

So, your at the intro learn the story bla-bla-bla and name your character whatever you want. Meet flowey and DON'T GET HIT his pellets are a trick! keep dodging them and have toriel rescue you. Now the ruins are there to get you started with puzzles and toriels help pushing you onward you actually FIGHT her at one point at the end of the ruins however unless you have low health you can't lose this battle. Get the toy knife and faded ribbon and carry on.

Next we have snowdin. This place is well,SNOWY and has some more creative puzzles waiting for you to solve. And at the start of snowdin we are introduced to two more major characters. papyrus and sans, who you both once again FIGHT later but for now sans helps you and also jokes around a bit. And seriously, each pun is a TON better then the last one! Or well, for me... So any way get through the puzzles and get to snowdin town and make sure to have MONEY! (currency in-game) Buy some cinnamon bunnies and fight papyrus. See? Still easy!

Now, waterfall. Get through undyne's meeting and solve the puzzles. Fend off enemies and get
    through the spear fight than keep going until you find the ballet shoes and tutu. These items will help you ALOT so anyway after falling in the garbage dump fight the next boss who is such a DUMMY and get back to waterfall.
    Go to napstablook's and crash for a while (lol) than go fight undyne with your equipment and go to hotland! Almost there!

When you first enter hotland you meet dr. alyphs the royal scientist of asgore. Then mettaton shows up, challenging you to a deadly quiz show which is surely ROBTACULER! Then wander off and get through the shooting puzzles to meet mettaton AGAIN use the jetpack that alpyhs programs andtravel again fighting and getting through puzzles and getting the stained apron is important as it heals and protects you! Fight the royal guard and again... GET THROUGH METTATON!!! Then eventually you will find MTT RESORT buy some food with currency and head towards the core filled with more monsters and puzzles get to the end and fight mettaton!

Now, go through asgore's home fight him and have flowey crash the game reload it and PREPARE TO HAVE A BAD TIME! Omega flowey will come in to fight you dodge with your might and reload every time you lost heal and take flowey's power away, defeat him and congratulations! You just beat undertale!

So that is undertale's NEUTRAL path I hope you become a better player and I will see you later... BYE!

2. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I really like the OST. I watched the gameplay on YouTube and game has amazing concept right from the start. It feels so simple and childish, but when you look a little bit deeper you see the real Undertale.

3. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Really nice review,maybe you could do some new review,video review?

4. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nice guide,thanks for help :)