1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you benefit/gain from joining a guild in a MMORPG?

Discussion in 'Guild Forum' started by Namgam, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Namgam

Namgam Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I've never understood what you gain from joining a guild. I understand partying fine, but guilds just seem like a pointless thing to join and never seem to really change anything. Anyone care to elaborate :confused:

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    In a good guild the benefits (very from game to game) would be easy place to ask questions, get help with a quest, maybe get a price check on an item. In most MMOs at it's core it's a place to chat while you play. Some games have guild vs guild, others have guild missions for you to complete. Some guild have voice chat if that's your thing others host there own Events. It's a good way to meet people in game.

It's mostly suppose to be fun. In more competitive games a guild or clan as they are usually called in them games are more for sharing information, learning to work together and ultimately competing in things like E-Sports and Tournaments run by the game.

I've found it's easy to get into a "bad" guild and tough to find the "good" ones. If you don't like one try another. A good active chatty guild can make a game a whole lot more fun... if nothing else you'll have something to read while playing lol.