1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Short terms in LoL

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by ogisamisule, Nov 23, 2014.

Was this helpful

Poll closed Nov 28, 2014.
  1. Yes, thank you!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, not at all!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. ogisamisule

ogisamisule Clubbed for Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    Write every short term in LoL that you know and say what does it mean! If there are new players on the forum they should see this post, and I hope it will help them. I'll start:
    AoE: Area of Effect; It's when someone has crowd control spells etc. stun, snear, nock up, slow...
    SS: MiSS; On Brazilian server they say MIA: Missing In Action. You say this when someone dissapears from the map

2. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    AA-Auto attack
    Ace-When all champions on a team are dead at the same time
    AFK-Away From Keyboard: a player who is not currently in control of their champion in a match
    ARAM-All Random All Mid
    BD-Backdoor
    BG-Bad Game
    GG-Good Game
    Blink-A type of movement ability, similar to the summoner spell Flash
    Blue-Blue Buff: Crest of the Ancient Golem
    Red-Red Buff: Blessing of the Lizard Elder
    WP-Well Played
    Ult/Ulti-Ultimate ability(R)
    Tower diving/TD-To pursue an enemy champion while in range of the enemy's tower
    RP-Riot Points
    IP-Influence Points
    QQ-Depicts a pair of crying eyes, implying that the other player is complaining
    NJ-Nice Job

And so on........

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    OMW - On my way
    OOM - Out of mana
    YOLO - You live only once
    OB - Our blue
    TB - Their blue
    OR - Our red
    TB - thie blue
    BRB - Be right back

4. ogisamisule

ogisamisule Clubbed for Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    There are a lot more short terms, thanks for this ones, some of them I didn't know about!
    Here are some more:

AS-Attack speed-Champion can execute a large amount of basic attacks in short amount of time
    AD-Attack damage-Champion can deal large amount of pshyhical damage in a singe
    basic attack or abilitie
    AP-Ability power-Champion can deal large amount of magic damage in a singe abilitie
    MR-Magic resist-Resistance on AP spells
    AR-Armor-Resistance on basic attacks and AD spells
    MP-Magin penetration-Ignores x% of magic resist that target has
    ArP-Armor Penetration- Ignores x% of armor that taget has
    Tenacity- Resistance on crowd control-Area of effect spells like stuns, snears slows and others. Having tenacity reduces the duration of those kind of spells
    Burst someone- Deal a large amount on one target in really short time-Fiora, Draven, Yi(champions with large damage output)
    If someone needs more just say, we'll help you all

Thanks again for helping me list these terms, and explaining them :) @brankomiljus20
    @Matija12

A few more:
    B-Recalling-Going back to regenerate health, mana, and to buy items!
    Bait-Luring enemy into a trap
    Care-To be careful, implying a possible gank incoming or any other kind of danger.
    CD-Cooldown-The time that has to pass in order to use ability again
    CDR-Cooldown reduction- Reduces the cooldown on some ability-reduces the time that has to pass in order to use same ability again
    Cover the lane- Asking a jungler or any other member of your team who's winning the lane to cover yours while you go back
    CS-Creep score- Number of minions you killed(Should be over 100 in 12 minute)
    Def-Defending the lane
    Dodge-You know what dodgin means, but I'll explain- Dodge means that you move away from enemy ability so it misses you!
    DoT-Damage over Time- That's damage being dealt to you over the time, when champion is not attacking you! Example: Teemo's, Singed's, Cassio's poisons, Red Buff and so on!
    Drake- Calling your teammates to take the dragon and earn a buff and some gold

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014